eSignal, the desktop solutions division of Interactive Data Corporation (NYSE: IDC) and a leading provider of streaming, real-time financial market data, news, analytics and decision-support tools for professional and individual traders, today announced the launch of Quote.com 2.0, an upgrade to its premier Web-based global financial portal.
"We recreated this new, high-powered version of Quote.com completely from scratch," said Chuck Thompson, president of eSignal. "We don't see another website on the market quite like it. Every element of Quote.com 2.0 was designed to enable users to better locate and use essential financial information— from data and charts to research, news and analysis— to make more effective financial decisions."
Quote.com 2.0's newly created interactive Stock Charts feature has timeline tracking, integrated chart studies, news and export features. The updated Portfolio Manager feature allows users to track multiple financial portfolios, customize watch lists, filter news, and set up mobile stock and fund alerts.
A new Personal Finance section provides users with added content to help manage other aspects of their financial lives, such as real-estate information, college and tax planning, and debt management. Equipped with an array of worksheets and calculators, users can make more informed decisions regarding their financial health. This site continues to be one of very few offering free financial content for multiple asset classes from around the world.
Like the prior version, Quote.com 2.0 is still the source for one-click access to individual stock and market index information, including stocks with the highest volume for the day; the largest percentage gainers and losers; stocks reaching new yearly highs or dropping to new yearly lows; unusual volume; most volatile, unfilled gaps, and number of trades. Specific hot lists for U.S. stocks include the very short-term high and low, and stocks with the greatest trading range. Market indices are also available with hot lists for the U.S. highest percentage gainers and losers.
Quote.com 2.0 Features:
- New interactive charts with many customizable features. Site visitors can choose from thirteen technical studies, five chart styles and a wide range of chart preferences and effects. Change the chart interval from maximum, year, month, week, day or intraday, or scroll through time using the time slider.
- New personal finance section with engaging articles and calculators helps users navigate through life's milestones. Includes advice on preparing to pay for retirement and college tuition, as well as researching mortgages and car loans. Also, tips for managing debt, saving money, preparing for tax season, and more.
- Data from major worldwide exchanges, including the Australian Stock Exchange, Toronto Stock Exchange, Shanghai Stock Exchange, Euronext Paris, Xetra, Hong Kong Stock Exchange, National Stock Exchange of India, Stock Exchange of Singapore, Madrid Stock Exchange, London Stock Exchange, and many more, as well as news, commentary, analyst recommendations, alerts and free newsletters.
- Separate sections of the site dedicated to financial quotes, market data and business news for the UK, China, France, Spain, Germany, India, Canada, Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Access to delayed stock, futures, Forex and mutual fund quotes, and business news and charts via http://Quote.mobi anytime, nearly anywhere, using any browser, cell phone, PDA or Smartphone. Users also can set watch lists and use a chart-interval feature to monitor specific investment opportunities.
- Link to RagingBull.com, a leading financial social networking site. RagingBull offers traders a place to post and read messages, track trading discussions and keep up with the latest trading news and commentary.