Media company, i-design group plc, which joined AIM in July this year, has developed clever technology called ATM:ad which offers banks and building societies the chance to generate revenues from their ATM networks by running advertising campaigns.
The likes of British Airways, Vodafone and Nivea are now regular advertisers and Nivea ran the first ever gender targeted advertising campaign on ATMs using i-design's unique technology.
i-design has this morning announced its maiden preliminary results - ahead of expectations - following a transformational year:
- Transformational year in establishing ATM:ad in UK
- HSBC and Alliance & Leicester become, respectively, second and third customers of ATM:ad
- Significant advertising bookings, including 12 month agreement with British Airways and gender specific campaign for Nivea
- Results exceed market expectations:
- turnover rose by 52% to £1,029,000 (2006: £679,000)
- operating loss of £656,000 (2006: loss of £626,000)
- loss before tax of £622,000 (2006: loss of £615,000)
- basic loss per share of 0.06p (2006: loss of 0.06p)
- Board continues to view prospects very positively
- confident of signing further ATM network owners
- advertising sales expected to increase significantly
James Faulds, Chairman, commented, "It has been an exciting year for i-design. The business has made excellent progress, both technically, with our ATM advertising technology, and commercially, with new contracts. I am also pleased to report that post the year end, the Group is continuing to make good progress.
Our admission to AIM on 20 July 2007 marked a key step in the business' development. Our status as a publicly quoted company has brought us significant advantages, raising i-design's profile in the banking ATM marketplace and enhancing our position as we negotiate with potential customers. Additionally, the funds we raised at admission to AIM underpin the next phase of growth.
The market for ATM advertising is still emerging and we believe the opportunity for us to establish i-design as the leading ATM advertising solution provider in the UK is within our reach. We are greatly encouraged by our progress to date and t therefore continue to view prospects for the business very positively."
Read the full statement here:Download the document now 160 kb (PDF File)