Barclays has launched a pre-paid gift card in time for the Christmas season.
Barclays Gift Card is a versatile alternative to giving retail vouchers and is aimed at customers who want to give a flexible gift for birthdays, Christmas or other occasions.
The card can be loaded with any sum between £10 and £300 and is valid for two years. It can be personalised with the recipient's name and a choice of six designs and messages including "Happy Birthday", "Merry Christmas", "Congratulations" and "Thank You".
The Barclays Gift Card can be used at shops, restaurants, and on websites that accept Visa Electron. The card can easily be cancelled and replaced if lost or stolen making it safer than cash. To celebrate the Christmas season a selection of limited edition festive designs are available.
Andrew Jones, Product Director for Barclays Current Accounts and Savings said: "We are expecting the Barclays Gift Card to be really popular in the run up to Christmas. As a pre-paid card it is more secure than cash and more flexible than vouchers so that should make it really popular with those who receive it too!"
- Barclays Gift Card costs £3 to purchase
- Can be loaded with any (whole pound) sum between £10 and £300
- Valid for two years (expiry date is printed on the card)
- Can be purchased online or by telephone and will be delivered in five to seven days
- Can be used at millions of retailers worldwide and online, wherever VISA Electron is accepted
- No costs to the recipient for using the card in the UK
- Cannot be used at ATMs
- Not reloadable
- The balance on the card can be checked online and over the telephone
- The card must be signed by the recipient and has their name on the front of it