Advent Software (Nasdaq: ADVS), the leading provider of software and solutions for the global investment management industry, today announced that Advent Portfolio Exchange (APX), the next-generation platform for portfolio management, reporting and client relationship management, is now available on Advent Back Office Service (ABOS), Advent's outsourced solution for software hosting and data management.
APX already allows investment managers to profitably grow assets, control costs and confidently satisfy client and regulatory requirements. APX integrates the front office functions of client relationship management (CRM) and performance analytics with the back office operations of portfolio accounting and reporting. With 146 signed clients in 13 countries around the world, APX is one of the asset management industry's leading platforms for portfolio management and reporting.
By making APX available on ABOS, Advent customers can now enjoy the benefits of this comprehensive portfolio management solution while outsourcing the hosting of the software and the custodian reconciliation process. ABOS allows customers to benefit from Advent's industry-leading solutions without having to manage IT infrastructure.
The ABOS offering includes:
- High-quality data to support investment decisions, performance measurement and presentation
- Full-service back office functionality
- Web-browser access to APX, which greatly reduces the need for costly hardware and IT personnel
- A scalable, reliable portfolio management platform designed to evolve with the business
Advent has ten customers already leveraging APX via ABOS to profitably and efficiently manage their businesses while delivering exceptional service to their clients. In addition to offering the service directly to clients and prospects, Advent has several significant channel relationships in place to bring APX via ABOS to a wider audience. These channel partners include Fidelity Institutional Wealth Services as well as Pershing Advisor Solutions LLC and Pershing LLC, both of which are subsidiaries of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
"We are thrilled to work with Advent to integrate APX via ABOS into Fidelity's new WealthCentral platform. We are investing heavily in outsourced, Web-based applications and view ABOS powered by APX as a critical component of the technical platform for our business and our clients," says Edward O'Brien, Senior Vice President, Fidelity Institutional Wealth Services. "Unlike any other solution in the industry, by integrating market-leading capabilities such as APX into a single Web-based platform, Fidelity WealthCentral will transform the ways advisors conduct business, helping them to thrive and grow more profitably."
"We're excited to work with Fidelity to achieve a new level of integration through their WealthCentral platform," said Mike Lobosco, Senior Product Manager at Advent Software. "Offering APX through ABOS to Fidelity clients presents a powerful opportunity to further increase efficiency across their various business applications without the need to manage a separate technology infrastructure."
"We are committed to providing independent registered investment advisors (RIA) with market-leading business and technology solutions to help them grow their businesses," said Mark Tibergien, Managing Director, Pershing. "The suite of capabilities offered through APX in ABOS' outsourced environment will provide our customers with an efficient and effective way of reducing the burdens associated with managing technology and data, enabling them to focus on successfully building their businesses."
"As Pershing continues to expand its RIA business, we are excited to be a part of its overall strategy," continued Advent's Lobosco. "We are working closely with Pershing to support some of its most strategic customers, and we look forward to jointly serving the market with the next-generation functionality of APX in the ABOS outsourced environment."
Separately, Advent Software (Nasdaq: ADVS), a leading provider of software and services to the investment management industry, announced today its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2007.
"We are very excited to announce record revenues and record term contract bookings in the third quarter, as well as our most successful client conference to date, where we launched major upgrades to our two flagship portfolio accounting platforms, Advent Portfolio Exchange® and Geneva®," said Stephanie DiMarco, Founder and Chief Executive Officer. "Our outstanding results this quarter demonstrate the significant momentum we see across every facet of our business, giving us continued confidence in Advent's long-term success."
The Company reported total net revenues of $55.5 million for the third quarter of 2007, up 21% year over year and compared with $45.9 million in the third quarter of 2006.
Total expenses for the third quarter of 2007, including cost of revenues, were $49.8 million, compared with $45.5 million in the third quarter of 2006.
Income from operations for the third quarter of 2007 was $5.8 million, or 10% of revenue, compared with $328,000 in the third quarter of 2006.
Net income for the third quarter of 2007 was $3.3 million, compared with net income of $952,000 for the third quarter of 2006.
Diluted earnings per share in the third quarter of 2007 were $0.12, which compares to diluted earnings per share of $0.03 in the third quarter of 2006. Cash and cash equivalents totaled $42.8 million as of September 30, 2007, which compares to $60.9 million, including short-term investments, as of September 30, 2006.
Cash flow from operations in the third quarter of 2007 was approximately $12.4 million, compared with $10.4 million in the third quarter of 2006.
THIRD QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS
- Record Term Contract Bookings: Advent achieved record term contract bookings of $18.3 million, with an average term of 3.6 years. Year-to-date, total term contract bookings are up 44%.
- Product Investment and Innovation: Advent launched major upgrades to its two flagship portfolio accounting platforms, Advent Portfolio Exchange (APX) and Geneeneva. APX 2.0 includes performance analytics, a powerful new component which takes APX to an even higher level. Geneva 7.0 includes a completely updated user experience, enhanced data access and workflow improvements. Advent is currently preparing for the release of Advent Rules Manager(TM), the Company's new trading compliance product.
- Customer Momentum: Advent saw continued momentum in customer wins. APX added 26 customers and Geneva added 14. APX customer signings have increased 68% year-to-date; and since the product was launched in late 2005, APX has signed 146 client contracts globally. Moxy, Advent's trade order management solution, and the industry's most widely used order management system, has reached nearly 800 customers.
- Annual Advent Conference: Advent had record-setting attendance at its Annual Client Conference held in Las Vegas. The event, which took place in September, had nearly 1,200 attendees, an increase of almost 30% from 2006.
For the fourth quarter of 2007, Advent issued the following guidance:
- Revenues are projected to be in the range of $56 million to $59 million;
- Expenses are projected to be in the range of $52 million to $53 million. Included in the expenses are $4.5 million for stock compensation expense and amortization of developed technology and intangibles.
- Diluted weighted average shares outstanding will increase by approximately 2.5% to 3.0% in the fourth quarter over the third quarter level of 27.4 million shares, excluding the impact of any share repurchases.
For the full year 2007, Advent reiterated guidance as follows:
- Operating cash flow is projected to be in the range of $54 million to $57 million; and
- Effective tax rate projected to be in the range of 30% to 35%.
For 2008, Advent estimated revenue growth of 14% to 17%.
Read the consolidated statement here:» Download the document now 35.4 kb (PDF File)