Tibco Software (NASDAQ: TIBX) today announced the general availability of its latest release of master data management (MDM) solution - Tibco Collaborative Information Manager 7.0.
The new version offers industry-first cross-catalog relationship capabilities for greater visibility across your business by turning raw data into actionable insight, and embedded distributed caching features for high-performance data throughput. Today's announcement builds on the company's commitment to helping customers realize the full benefits of a service-oriented architecture (SOA) using an integrated data services platform.
TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager provides a comprehensive approach to managing and synchronizing information across the value chain. It allows customers to derive greater operational efficiency and responsiveness by ensuring that business services and composite applications have accurate, consistent and timely information. IT strategies like SOA and business process management (BPM) cannot deliver the full return on investment, if the underlying data is inaccurate, inconsistent, or not rich enough to provide business value.
TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager is an event-based application that combines data process automation and business rules to streamline enterprise data management processes, provide information governance, and synchronize information across the ecosystem. As a collaborative user-friendly application TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager empowers business users to maintain and manage the information critical to their functions.
New product highlights for TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager 7.0 include:
Multi-Domain Data Management
- Build and maintain relationships with attributes and rules than span data domains (products, customers, vendors, locations, etc.);
- Enhanced Web services that access and modify information over multiple domains; and
- Seamless import and export of hierarchical data across related catalogs from one or multiple sources simultaneously.
Distributed Caching and Performance
- Asynchronous processing of large volumes of data;
- Quicker import/eexport of large data sets; and
- Faster processing of rules and workflow steps
- Enhanced user interface for import and export of metadata, role-delegation, version-compare and wizard-driven install and configuration; and
- More visibility with context-free search capabilities across attributes and catalogs
"Enterprises today need a comprehensive information management strategy which includes ubiquitous availability of information, data governance, audit ability and seamless integration with the existing enterprise architecture," said Neeraj Gokhale, general manager, Enterprise Information Management, TIBCO. "TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager 7.0 provides a single platform for managing all types of master data across their ecosystem in a service-oriented architecture.
Pricing and Availability
TIBCO Collaborative Information Manager 7.0 is now generally available. Supported platforms include Red Hat Linux ES/AS 3.1 or higher, includes 64 bit OS; Microsoft Windows Server 2003; AIX 5.2, 5.3; Solaris 9, 10; and HPUX 11.