Dow Jones & Company (NYSE: DJ) today announced the launch of a new edition of Dow Jones NewsPlus for bond and currency professionals in North America.
The new service provides easy access via the Web to Dow Jones Capital Markets Report, the indispensable real-time news and information source for global debt and forex news, commentary and analysis.
"Fixed-income and forex professionals are demanding more access options for their news so that they can stay on top of the big stories moving the markets and conduct in-depth research," said Dennis Cahill, chief product officer of Dow Jones. "Adding the option to view Capital Markets Report via Dow Jones NewsPlus provides bond and currency professionals not only with a snapshot of the key news events as they happen, but also straightforward access to an in-depth perspective on how events will affect the markets."
Access to Dow Jones NewsPlus - Capital Markets Report is complimentary for existing subscribers of Dow Jones Capital Markets Report, which is available via market data providers such as Bloomberg, CQG, eSignal, FactSet, NewsWare, Reuters and Thomson. Dow Jones news is delivered through more than 130 market data platforms globally.
In a recent survey of NewsPlus customers, Dow Jones found that 96% believe the service helps them to do their jobs better, and almost 90% believe it's better than other financial Web sites. Features of Dow Jones NewsPlus - Capital Markets Report edition include:
- Dow Jones Top Stories - The day's most important stories selected by Dow Jones editors
- DJ Market Talk - Continuously updated commentary on the stories, events and "buzz" driving the day's market activity, written exclusively for the bond and currency markets
- Indicator Watch - Recent releases and expectations for economic indicators
- Analysis and Commentary - Expert insight from seasoned, award-winning Dow Jones journalists on the day's news and long-term trends
- Columns - One-click access to exclusive Dow Jones insight on the economy, derivatives, asset classes and other critical topics
Dow Jones NewsPlus - Capital Markets Report is the latest in a series of news sites designed for specific job roles in financial services. Dow Jones NewsPlus, a valued service for financial professionals since its inception as a companion to the Dow Jones News Service in 2003, is designed for financial professionals focused on North American equities. Dow Jones also has an edition for financial professionals that covers the global equities markets. Dow Jones NewsPlus was named best online professional financial information service at the 2004 Software & Information Industry (SIIA) Codie Awards.