Today at its global "Applications Unlimited" event held on 6 continents over 24 hours, Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL) announced new versions of its five major product lines, with the introduction of Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12, Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Release 9.0, Siebel CRM 8.0, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.12 and JD Edwards World A9.1.
This unprecedented product launch demonstrates Oracle's continued commitment to its "Applications Unlimited" program, which gives customers additional value by providing continued innovation for their current product lines. In developing these new releases, Oracle consulted directly with customer user groups to define customer-driven enhancements and ensure these products effectively address customer needs.
"Today is an important day, as we release five significantly enhanced product families. These releases are proof that Oracle is delivering on its strategy to protect and extend customers' current investments in Oracle's leading horizontal, specialty and industry suites," said Oracle President Charles Phillips. "Additionally, with the 'Applications Unlimited' program, Oracle is providing best-in-class infrastructure technology that delivers next-generation capabilities today, and we are giving our customers the choice as to when they upgrade without having to re-license their applications. This is a first in the software industry," Phillips continued.
Customer-Driven Enhancements and Innovation
Oracle works closely with a variety of customer groups, including its CIO Council, Customer Advisory Boards, Industry and Product Strategy Councils, Early Customer Adoption Programs and extensive User Group Communities to understand customer requirements and prioritize new functionality. The feedback received from these user communities has resulted in significantly updated new releases:
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12: The Global Business Release. In the latest version of the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle has released 18 new products and 2,443 new enhancements to help global businesses think globally for better decision-making, work globally to be more competitive and manage globally to lower cost and increase performance.
- PeopleSoft Enterprise Release 9.0: The Extended Value Release. Oracle today also unveiled the latest product to be delivered as part of the PeopleSoft Enterprise 9 -- the flagship PeopleSoft Enterprise Human Capital Management (HCM) 9.0. PeopleSoft Enterprise Release 9 contains 2 new products and 1,478 enhancements. The new release of PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM delivers enterprise-wide talent management capabilities and, like the other applications in PeopleSoft Enterprise 9, leverages Oracle Fusion Middleware to give customers a comprehensive, standards-based platform to address the challenges of disparate technologies and applications.
- Siebel CRM 8: Transformational CRM. The new release of the Siebel CRM suite offers ten new products and 366 enhancements that extend Oracle's investment in industry-specific CRM and enable companies to propel business growth through customer-driven business transformation. The new release accelerates user adoption, enhances business responsiveness and delivers increased value to the enterprise with a new task-based user interface, enterprise search capabilities, SOA-enabled CRM and embedded intelligence driving real-time insight at the moment of customer interaction.
- JD Edwards World A9.1: The Renaissance Release. The first major release of JD Edwards World in ten years, this new version offers 4 new products and 1,297 enhancements that provide customers with compliance support, operational excellence, technology improvements and capabilities for global operations.
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.12: The Continued Innovation Release. Delivered in the spring of 2006, the latest release of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne delivered 5 new products, including a new Operational Sourcing and three new modules for the food and beverage industry, as well as 291 enhancements.
In addition to providing industry-leading enhancements, Oracle is also delivering the components needed to enable successful implementations, such as automated upgrade scripts, extensive product documentation, an extensive, trained, partner ecosystem and a wide-variety of end-user education courses.
Next-Generation Technology Today
A key component of Applications Unlimited is delivering value to customers by allowing them to leverage next-generation technology within their current investments through integration and certification with Oracle's leading database and Oracle Fusion Middleware technology. The new releases of Oracle Applications provide next-generation, role-based analytics, comprehensive application management, integration, search, master data management, and XML-based reporting capabilities.
For example, new Oracle application product lines leverage role-based analytics, which provide pre-defined analytics that source information across heterogeneous systems and provide a unified view through Oracle Portal. Additionally, Oracle Applications can be managed with Oracle Enterprise Manager, to help increase the performance and quality of the application service, while reducing the costs of systems management.
A key component of next-generation technology is the ability to provide, open and sustainable integration. Oracle Applications provide extensive Web services and business events, enable modeling of business process, and offer published repositories of Web services. Additionally, Oracle has delivered pre-packaged and sustainable integrations across its multiple product lines and for specific industries.
The Path to Oracle Fusion Applications
Also at today's event, the Company outlined Oracle Fusion Applications, Oracle's next-generation application suite. Based on Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Fusion Applications are designed to be the industry's first, complete standards-based, SOA built application suite. Leveraging Web 2.0 design principles, Oracle Fusion Applications intend to deliver dramatic increases in both user and partner productivity, while delivering significant reductions in cost of ownership.