Cisco Systems introduced today the Cisco Proactive Automation of Change Execution (PACE) solution, a comprehensive suite of products and services that help enterprises to meet compliance requirements, accelerate growth, enhance business continuity, and increase user productivity.
This integrated solution is the industry's first to provide customers with a highly secure, automated and scalable configuration management system.
The Cisco PACE solution includes the operations, technical and deployment services needed to complement IT staffs of any size. The solution drives and controls change operations using highly secure proactive automation of change, configuration and analysis tasks while providing reduced management cost and time.
The Cisco PACE solution supports the Cisco Service-Oriented Network Architecture (SONA) to centrally manage network infrastructure and ease the deployment of advanced services across the enterprise.
The complete Cisco PACE solution is comprised of Cisco's Access Control Server (ACS), CiscoWorks Network Compliance Manager (NCM), Cisco works LAN Management System (LMS), Cisco Configuration Assurance Solution (CAS) and Cisco Lifecycle Services.
"The new Cisco PACE solution meets an increasing need in organizations to meet industry regulations and corporate policies," says Dennis Drogseth, vice president, Enterprise Management Associates.
"With the Cisco PACE solution, Cisco has distinctively brought together solutions for infrastructure optimization and service planning with advanced network configuration management and access control. This should help its customers address complex but interrelated needs with a one-stop-shop and single brand support."
Cisco designed the highly scalable Cisco PACE solution to meet a wide range of customer needs. The solution gives customers the flexibility to order and implement products and services that best meet their specific requirements. Customers can select products and services as needed by the specific network or take advantage of the scalability and rich features of the complete solution suite.
The Cisco PACE solution offers several features to help enterprises adhere to compliance policies while providing accountability to network and information changes such as:
- Changing User Names and Passwords: Customers can make changes and control access to the devices affected by this change from one central control point
- Managing Unplanned Device Configuration Changes: IT organizations can provide a highly secure change control process allowing customers to implement configuration changes by the right person at the right time
- Detailed Compliance Reporting: Customers can easily check network configurations for compliance with industry regulations such as Sarbanes- Oxley Act (SOX), Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards. Complete audit reporting and rollback capability of all network changes provides detailed tracking for corporate auditors
- Comprehensive Analysis and Validation Reporting: Customers can analyze and view reports on security vulnerability, network resiliency, configuration trends, routing analytics, network design and many more.
A large American Ivy League University's network operation center (NOC) provides over 150,000 users across all various departments, faculties and affiliates with border and core network connectivity and security services.
"Our NOC helps local network managers and staff throughout the university network efficiently access accurate, real-time and operational data from the network," says a network operations manager at the university's network operation center. "Our customers throughout the network face increasing new network installations, complicated regulatory requirements and granular change requirements. The Cisco PACE solution provides a comprehensive solution that allows us to select pieces of the solution that can standardize access controls and meet change requirements seamlessly."
Cisco provides lifecycle services and support with the specialized expertise needed to ensure a successful implementation of the Cisco PACE solution:
- Operations consulting services: Assess, define, and optimize your network configuration and change-management processes
- Technical consulting services: Providing integration, custom compliance, and policy rules development, and report generation
- Deployment services: Helping you to plan, design, implement, and operate the Cisco PACE solution
The Cisco PACE solution combined with Cisco Network Application Performance Analysis (NAPA) solution provides a lifecycle approach to the management of network equipment. Together, the two solutions meet operational and business needs of Cisco customers, allowing them to grow, adapt and deploy new technologies efficiently and effectively.