Standard & Poor's Capital IQ division, a leading provider of high-impact information and workflow solutions to the global investment and financial services communities, today announced significant enhancements to its platform to meet the needs of investment managers, investment bankers, and other financial professionals.
Platform additions include an array of macroeconomic time series data and country and region profiles; corporate tree mapping for many U.S. companies; enhanced click-through auditability of public company financials; more features for Excel plug-in; and usability changes allowing users to customize settings and more quickly access recent work. Today's announced upgrade is part of a series of enhancements to the Capital IQ platform that are taking place this year.
"The most recent Capital IQ release broadens platform content, adds unique functionality, and improves platform performance," said Randy Winn, Managing Director of Standard & Poor's Capital IQ. "The release was developed in direct response to requests from finance professionals around the world. We intend to continue to provide our clients with the most timely and accurate global data in a platform suited to client workflows."
Highlights of Capital IQ's newly released features include:
- Economic Time Series: More than 1,000 forecast and historical time series detailing macroeconomic conditions (i.e. GDP growth, unemployment, inflation, exports) for the 60 largest countries by GDP.
- Country and Regional Analyses: Macroeconomic profiles on countries and regions around the world, including detailed information on government expenditures, exports, trading partners, population, transportation, military, and macroeconomic indicators.
- Corporate Tree Structure: Details of corporate structure for certain U.S. public companies including relationships between parents and subsidiaries, operating units, investment arms, and merged entities. Information includes company name, relationship type, location, ownership, revenue, net income, debt and S&P credit ratings.
- Enhanced Click-Through Auditability: New financial statement pages allow users to click once and break down all standardized financial items into their "as reported" components. Moreover, users can click-through and view the audit trails to source filings for multiple as reported components at the same time.
- Enhanced Excel Plug-In: Updates include improved company and issue identifier functions, user-specified trading day range, and other data points (i.e. 52 week high/low date).