18 October 2017
visit www.response.ncr.com

Sumitomo Trust and Japan Securities Agents establish stock transfer agency joint venture

02 August 2002  |  1099 views  |  0 Sumitomo Trust and Japan Securities Agents establish stock transfer agency joint venture

Sumitomo Trust & Banking Co has entered an agreement with Japan Securities Agents to establish a joint venture to provide IT systems development/management and data processing for stock transfer agencies.

The joint venture company, due to commence operations on 1 October, 2002, will be called Japan TA Solutions.

Under the agreement, Sumitomo Trust will transfer its related data processing operations to Japan TA Solutions and take an 80 per cent stake in the company. Japan Securities Agents will hold the remaining 20 per cent shareholding.

Masanori Shirakawa from Sumitomo Trust has been appointed to the board of the joint venture company, sitting alongside two other directors from Sumitomo Trust and one from Japan Securities Agents.

In a statement, Sumitomo Trust says it will continue to undertake contracts and business promotion with client companies and shareholders and their transfer agency agreements with the bank will not be modified.
KeywordsFINDEX

Comments: (0)

Comment on this story (membership required)

Finextra news in your inbox

For Finextra's free daily newsletter, breaking news flashes and weekly jobs board: sign up now

Related company news

 

Related blogs

Create a blog about this story (membership required)
visit www.vasco.comvisit www.innotribe.com

Top topics

Most viewed Most shared
Ripple looks to drive bank adoption with $300m XRP rebate programmeRipple looks to drive bank adoption with $...
15135 views comments | 12 tweets | 4 linkedin
Swift positive on blockchain, but big challenges remainSwift positive on blockchain, but big chal...
8353 views comments | 15 tweets | 21 linkedin
hands typing furiouslyHow artificial intelligence can deliver a...
7853 views 0 | 7 tweets | 9 linkedin
satelliteGates Foundation backs Ripple collaboratio...
7273 views comments | 13 tweets | 8 linkedin
IBM uses blockchain to improve cross-border payments processingIBM uses blockchain to improve cross-borde...
6431 views comments | 8 tweets | 16 linkedin

Featured job

Competitive base + commission + benefits
Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway or Sweden

Find your next job