The London Stock Exchange has announced plans to upgrade its company news distribution service and introduced a facility to communicate video and audio content alongside RNS announcements.
The LSE has moved to beef up its company news service ahead of the FSA-mandated opening of the market to new competition.
The new services, which will go live in January 2002, include:
* further upgrades to the RNS Internet submission mechanism to make it easier for companies to review and verify the final text of their announcement before publication;
* RNS Reach - a new investor communications service for non-regulatory announcements;
* RNS Mediastream - a new facility to enable video and audio content to be communicated alongside RNS announcements;
* RNS Insight - a Web-based service that will allow companies, media and analysts to monitor, search and analyse RNS announcements; and
* RNS Alert - an email-based service that can be used to target key industry contacts and send them details of the announcement at the same time as it is published on RNS.
The RNS news distribution service currently releases 170,000 announcements each year.