More than 850 bankers and treasury professionals from across Europe are expected to descend on Amsterdam in May to hear senior executives from ING, ABN Amro, HSBC, RBS and Deutsche Bank speak at EBAday 2015, the continent's pre-eminent annual payments event.
Now in its tenth year, EBAday, put on by the Euro Banking Association and Finextra, is expected to attract a record turn out and some 45 exhibitors on 12-13 May.
The Amsterdam RAI venue, which has previously hosted Sibos, will see 17 in-depth conference sessions, covering everything from real-time payments, regulations such as the second EU payments services directive, electronic and mobile payments, and data trends and innovation.
The speaker line-up includes:
- Mark Buitenhek, Global Head Transaction Services, ING
- Karin Kersten, Head of Transaction Banking, ABN AMRO
- Marion King, Group Director of Payments, RBS
- Marcus Treacher, Global Head of Innovation (Payments and Cash Management), HSBC
- Markus Sehr, Global Head of Cash Management (Financial Institutions), Deutsche Bank
- Chris Larsen, CEO, Ripple
The conference will provide a forum to discuss the challenges and opportunities in European payments as new tech-based alternative payment service providers are licensed to challenge banks under the PSD 2 regulation. Intra-day liquidity management and, of course, Sepa 2.0 will also be up for discussion.