16 December 2017
visit www.avoka.com

Nyse Euronext partners APX on environmental trading JV

07 September 2010  |  6052 views  |  0 Chimneys

Nyse Euronext has partnered APX, an infrastructure provider for environmental commodities and energy, on a joint venture developing green and sustainable energy markets.

Under the JV agreement, Nyse Euronext will contribute its 60% stake in European carbon credits spot market BlueNext for a majority holding in the Nyse Blue venture. French state bank Caisse des Dépôts holds the remaining 40% of BlueNext, which was established in 2008.

Meanwhile, APX will contribute its business, which provides regulatory infrastructure and services for the environmental and sustainable energy markets. In exchange, the firm's shareholders - including Goldman Sachs, MissionPoint Capital Partners, and Onset Ventures - will hold a minority stake in the new venture.

Brian Storms, chairman and CEO of APX, will lead Nyse Blue once the deal is concluded, which is expected to happen by the end of the year subject to regulatory and shareholder approval.

Nyse Blue will offer integrated pre-trade and post-trade platforms, environmental registry services, a front-end system for accessing the markets and managing environmental portfolios, reference data, and the BlueNext trading platform.

The new outfit, which will focus on the North American and Asian markets, sees Nyse Euronext take on the potentially lucrative energy trading sector's established players. CME Group and ICE have well established operations while old rival Nasdaq OMX entered the arena in 2008, setting up an energy and carbon trading unit after completing the acquisition of Nordic power exchange Nord Pool's clearing, international derivatives and consulting subsidiaries.

Duncan Niederauer, CEO, Nyse Euronext, says: "Our listed companies and markets customers increasingly need innovative tools and trading instruments to manage new types of business risks including those around energy, carbon, renewable energy, water and other environmental factors. The formation of NYSE Blue and addition of APX will build upon BlueNext's business and strengthen NYSE Euronext's position in environmental markets on a global scale by expanding our portfolio of services and attracting new partners and customers."

Comments: (0)

Comment on this story (membership required)

Finextra news in your inbox

For Finextra's free daily newsletter, breaking news flashes and weekly jobs board: sign up now

Related stories

Hacktivists hit European Climate Exchange site

Hacktivists hit European Climate Exchange site

26 July 2010  |  7040 views  |  0 comments
Phishers net EUR3m in carbon markets attack

Phishers net EUR3m in carbon markets attack

04 February 2010  |  6859 views  |  0 comments
Clearstream plans carbon trading settlement service

Clearstream plans carbon trading settlement service

17 December 2009  |  5740 views  |  0 comments
Nasdaq OMX enters energy trading fray with acquisition of Nord Pool units

Nasdaq OMX enters energy trading fray with acquisition of Nord Pool units

22 October 2008  |  5686 views  |  0 comments
NZX and OMX to launch new carbon trading markets in 2008

NZX and OMX to launch new carbon trading markets in 2008

21 December 2007  |  7239 views  |  0 comments
Nyse Euronext shares spike on ICE takeover talk

Nyse Euronext shares spike on ICE takeover talk

12 July 2007  |  4344 views  |  0 comments
ICE to buy Nybot in $1bn deal

ICE to buy Nybot in $1bn deal

15 September 2006  |  8714 views  |  0 comments

Related company news

 

Related blogs

Create a blog about this story (membership required)
visit www.aciworldwide.comvisit www.niceactimize.comvisit www.ebaday.com

Top topics

Most viewed Most shared
satelliteRipple completes XRP Lockup
10415 views comments | 3 tweets | 2 linkedin
PSD2: Laying the regulatory foundation for a new age in paymentsPSD2: Laying the regulatory foundation for...
9872 views comments | 18 tweets | 36 linkedin
Banks and fintech startups join forces on blockchain-based supply chain pilotBanks and fintech startups join forces on...
7104 views comments | 19 tweets | 21 linkedin
hands typing furiouslyReshaping Customer Engagement & Da...
6492 views 0 | 4 tweets | 2 linkedin
Banks tap Ethereum smart contracts for MiFID II complianceBanks tap Ethereum smart contracts for MiF...
6379 views comments | 9 tweets | 9 linkedin

Featured job

Competitive
New York, NY - USA (some flexibility on location)

Find your next job