The Finexpo - Risk & Transaction Management conference and exhibition has opened for registration. The event, on Thursday 5 February at The Brewery in London, will focus on the latest developments in risk management approaches, regulatory frameworks, data and transaction management solutions and clearing and settlement infrastructures.
With the ongoing restructuring in the global financial industry, this event will provide a timely opportunity for the industry to gather, share information and debate market trends.
A host of senior industry practitioners are participating in the Finexpo - Risk & Transaction Management conference stream, looking closely at the key issues facing banking groups, brokerages, buy-side firms, market infrastructures and suppliers over the coming year.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Christian Szylar, managing director, Portfolio Risk Services, RBS
- Edward Sankey, fellow and council member, Institute of Operational Risk
- Marco Strimer, CEO of SIS x-clear
- Simon Wheatley, director of regulatory liaison at LCH Clearnet
- Helmut Wacket of the T2S programme at the European Central Bank
The event will focus attention on important topics including:
- New directions for risk management: As banks re-evaluate their enterprise risk strategy and modeling of credit, counterparty, liquidity and operational risk, what are the drivers for change and the practical and cultural upheavals required to take the industry forward?
- How are banks reacting to pressure from regulatory and industry bodies to create better, more centralised ways to manage the risk created by OTC products?
- How can the application of SOA, parallel processing and virtualisation technologies help achieve better risk management and real-time reporting?
- How is enterprise data management evolving as an essential component of successful STP and risk management, and as a distinct discipline in its own right?
- How can business process management and activity monitoring (BPM, BAM) help risk-focused financial institutions achieve sustainable operational efficiency?
- How is financial markets clearing and settlement evolving in Europe and what are the likely impacts of recent M&A activity, more Brussels-led regulation and infrastructure on the horizon, and the pros and cons of an integrated vs. independent clearing model?
Finexpo - Risk & Transaction Management also plays host to an exhibition floor of specialist technology vendors and suppliers to the industry, covering the latest innovations in risk management and analytics, enterprise data management, transaction lifecycle management, straight-through processing and operational efficiency.
Attendance at Finexpo is restricted to qualified business decision-makers and IT professionals from banks, brokerages and investment firms.
To find out more and to register for your free pass, visit the Finexpo - Risk & Transaction Management event Web site.