15 December 2017
visit www.aciworldwide.com

Nyse Euronext and Caisse des Dépôts launch carbon trading facility

22 January 2008  |  3625 views  |  0 Digital Abstract

Transatlantic exchange operator Nyse Euronext has teamed with French state bank Caisse des Dépôts to launch a European carbon emissions market called Bluenext.

Bluenext operates a spot market in CO2 emission allowances. The US exchange holds a 60% stake in the carbon exchange, with Caisse des Dépôts holding the remaining 40%.

The venture is headed by Serge Harry, the member of Nyse Euronext Management Committee charged with group strategy. He is assisted by deputy CEO Pierre Ducret, who is director of banking services at Caisse des Dépôts.

The new exchange also plans offer a spot market in emission credits - emission rights obtained by undertaking projects that reduce CO2 emissions - as soon as the international transfer of credits is made possible.

In the second quarter of 2008, Bluenext will also introduce futures market with physical delivery of allowances and credits. These derivative products will be cleared through LCH.Clearnet.

The carbon exchange will also look to expand outside Europe, specifically in North America and Asia.

Commenting on the venture, Jean-François Théodore, deputy CEO of Nyse Euronext, says: "Our shared aim is to make Bluenext an acknowledged benchmark for environmental markets with a diversified offering of products and services that has the extended scope needed to match global needs."

Comments: (0)

Comment on this story (membership required)

Finextra news in your inbox

For Finextra's free daily newsletter, breaking news flashes and weekly jobs board: sign up now

Related stories

Nyse Euronext buys American Stock Exchange

Nyse Euronext buys American Stock Exchange

18 January 2008  |  6298 views  |  0 comments
Belzberg and partners to launch US carbon credit exchange

Belzberg and partners to launch US carbon credit exchange

16 January 2008  |  3334 views  |  0 comments
Nyse Euronext to buy Wombat

Nyse Euronext to buy Wombat

14 January 2008  |  8732 views  |  0 comments
NZX and OMX to launch new carbon trading markets in 2008

NZX and OMX to launch new carbon trading markets in 2008

21 December 2007  |  7239 views  |  0 comments

Related company news

 

Related blogs

Create a blog about this story (membership required)
visit www.niceactimize.comvisit www.aciworldwide.comvisit www.atos.net

Top topics

Most viewed Most shared
Deutsche Bank paper hails 'huge' blockchain potentialDeutsche Bank paper hails 'huge' blockchai...
10177 views comments | 16 tweets | 25 linkedin
satelliteRipple completes XRP Lockup
9229 views comments | 3 tweets | 2 linkedin
PSD2: Laying the regulatory foundation for a new age in paymentsPSD2: Laying the regulatory foundation for...
8884 views comments | 17 tweets | 36 linkedin
Alior Bank to use Open API platform and accelerator to create fintech marketplaceAlior Bank to use Open API platform and ac...
7580 views comments | 20 tweets | 11 linkedin
Australian Government amends AML rules to cover digital currenciesAustralian Government amends AML rules to...
7203 views comments | 15 tweets | 24 linkedin

Featured job

Competitive
London, UK (or flexible)

Find your next job