12 December 2017
visit http://response.ncr.com

ACI teams with Fineac for French JV

30 November 2005  |  5212 views  |  0 global_5

ACI Worldwide is teaming with French e-payments vendor Fineac to form a joint venture that will provide technology and support services to financial services firms in France.

France-based Fineac provides payments technology and services to banks across the country via its EAC Corporation subsidiary.

Under the deal ACI Worldwide France will hold a 51% stake in the venture - which will be called ACI Monetique - while Fineac will hold the remaining 49%. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Erroll Williamson, who is currently vice president of software and services at ACI Worldwide Emea, will become president of the new unit. Gerald Fay, director of services for EAC Corporation, will be appointed general manager of ACI Monetique.

Commenting on the deal, Williamson says France is a key strategic market and represents one of the largest business growth opportunities for ACI.

"In order to effectively react to the changing requirements driven by Sepa and by structural changes in the French payment processing market, we need to proactively seek out local business partners and opportunities," he adds.

ACI says its existing French subsidiary, ACI Worldwide France, will also continue to market and sell its technology to the local market.

Comments: (0)

Comment on this story (membership required)

Finextra news in your inbox

For Finextra's free daily newsletter, breaking news flashes and weekly jobs board: sign up now

Related stories

Italy's Setefi signs for ACI card fraud detection software

Italy's Setefi signs for ACI card fraud detection software

28 October 2005  |  9825 views  |  0 comments
ING Direct rolls out ACI fraud detection kit

ING Direct rolls out ACI fraud detection kit

18 August 2005  |  7762 views  |  0 comments
Ethiopia's Dashen Bank selects ACI technology for Visa card launch

Ethiopia's Dashen Bank selects ACI technology for Visa card launch

01 June 2005  |  6294 views  |  0 comments
ACI signs Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank to Base24-es platform

ACI signs Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank to Base24-es platform

05 January 2005  |  5839 views  |  0 comments

Related company news

 

Related company information

ACI Worldwide

Related blogs

Create a blog about this story (membership required)
visit www.response.ncr.comvisit www.aciworldwide.comvisit www.atos.net

Who is commenting?

Top topics

Most viewed Most shared
Saxo Bank's 'Outrageous Prediction': Bitcoin to peak at $60k next year before spectacular crashSaxo Bank's 'Outrageous Prediction': Bitco...
11786 views comments | 7 tweets | 7 linkedin
Deutsche Bank paper hails 'huge' blockchain potentialDeutsche Bank paper hails 'huge' blockchai...
8712 views comments | 15 tweets | 21 linkedin
Santander UK poaches Barclays innovation chief Michael HarteSantander UK poaches Barclays innovation c...
7077 views comments | 8 tweets | 17 linkedin
Alior Bank to use Open API platform and accelerator to create fintech marketplaceAlior Bank to use Open API platform and ac...
6818 views comments | 20 tweets | 11 linkedin
PSD2: Laying the regulatory foundation for a new age in paymentsPSD2: Laying the regulatory foundation for...
6757 views comments | 17 tweets | 35 linkedin

Featured job

Competitive package
New York City, NY - USA

Find your next job