P27 Nordic Payments, an initiative through which six of the region’s largest banks can collaborate, is forging ahead with plans to harmonise real-time and cross-border payments through new infrastructure and liquidity management. Despite an inevitable handful of challenges, P27 is now set to go live in Q2 2023.
With this launch date looming, it becomes relevant to gauge where financial institutions are in their level of preparedness. Nordic banks typically have quite a strong reputation as quite digital, agile institutions which sit at the forefront of payments across the globe. How is P27 resilience and robustness achieved and what are the benefits and advantages they drive? Additionally how are Banks aligning the move to P27 with the sustainability goals they have for their IT infrastructure? How are institutions reacting to this?
What’s the current status of P27 and plans for the remainder of this year and throughout 2023? How are the technology and operational functions progressing and what are the first services on offer?
Sign up to this Finextra webinar, hosted in association with Equinix, to join our panel of industry experts as they discuss the following areas:
- Where is P27 in its timeline to implementation? Are all financial institutions across the Nordics equally prepared?
- What does P27 expect the major banks’ and wider industry’s status to reach over the next 12 months? Can P27 successfully avoid a ‘long tail’?
- Essential to the P27 ecosystem and infrastructure is the need for resilience and robustness. How is this evolving? What are the benefits?
- How are the Banks and Fintechs linking modernisation of their instant payments infrastructure to sustainability goals?
- How will they then start to deliver these services to businesses and consumers on top of the infrastructure?
- If the infrastructure is a ‘super highway’, what gives users the ‘smartest car with the fastest pace’ to realise the best benefits?
- Gary Wright - Head of Research, Finextra [Moderator]
- Maria Sundvall - Managing Director, Equinix
- Martin Georgzén - Head of Customers & Relations, P27 Nordic Payments