James Gardner, head of innovation and reasearch at Lloyds TSB, spoke to Finextra ahead of the Finextra Innovation in Financial Services forum being held on Thursday 8 November.
This 8-minute interview covers:
- Defining innovation and managing a group dedicated to it within a bank
- Balancing the need to embrace new technology and processes with an awareness that today's initiatives become tomorrow's legacy
- Building relationships to source new ideas for business evaluation
- Factoring in the hard and soft benefits of a potentially innovative project
- Addressing the knotty problems that can have a transformational impact if solved through innovation