SunGard announced today that it has released version 3.0 of Protegent PTA (Personal Trading Assistant), a leading automated personal trading, code of ethics and employee compliance solution for financial institutions. In addition, SunGard has renamed the solution Protegent PTA, formerly PTA by Dataware Solutions, which SunGard acquired in March. The new capabilities of Protegent PTA 3.0 were designed to help enhance employee usability, expand user trend analysis and regulatory reporting, provide a more proactive pre-approval process, and give customers more user-driven customization options.
"Protegent PTA 3.0 will help compliance officers gain more control over their operating environments. The new features of Protegent PTA 3.0 will help improve ease of use and will help employees to use the system consistently. It will give compliance administrators advanced tools for conducting detailed analysis as well as helping to smooth the regulatory reporting process," said Paul Erickson, president of SunGard’s Protegent business unit. "With Protegent PTA 3.0, we continue to build on the strengths of SunGard’s Protegent offerings with this proactive, code of ethics solution, and further help support the diverse needs of broker/dealers as well as mutual fund companies, registered investment advisors and hedge funds."
Protegent PTA 3.0 provides the following new features and capabilities:
· A streamlined user interface to help simplify employee interaction and help minimize support needed by compliance administrators
· Expanded exception reporting and history to help compliance officers conduct trend analysis and identify patterns of user behavior, rather than just individual incidents
· Ability for compliance administrators to enhance evidence of review for regulators by providing comments and recommendations
· An enhanced rule-based Disclosures module that provides compliance administrators with more proactive pre-approval and reporting against firm/regulatory thresholds for gift and entertainment reporting, outside business activities and political contributions
· Volume-driven statistical reporting and graphical output that helps compliance administrators identify most active employees
· Advanced, user-driven customization to help maximize consistency with the customer’s environment without additional software development
SunGard provides a diverse set of compliance and risk mitigation solutions that encompass risk management, surveillance, supervision, regulatory and ethics monitoring. Leveraging SunGard’s Common Services Architecture, compliance components can be rapidly deployed alongside or embedded within line-of-business systems and orchestrated to provide an enterprise-wide view. SunGard also provides regulatory and compliance consulting services that are designed to help senior executives at financial institutions assess the quality and substance of their risk and compliance programs.