In regard to the spread of the novel coronavirus, Japan Exchange Group (JPX) understands the need to fulfil its duty as public infrastructure by ensuring continued smooth operation of the market.
For this reason, JPX has responded by establishing a BCP (Business Continuity Plan) Emergency Headquarters headed by Group CEO Kiyota Akira and implementing the following measures.
1.Measures already disclosed
- Announcement to listed companies regarding handling of timely disclosure of the effects of the novel coronavirus outbreak on business (Feb. 10, Japanese only)
- Cancellation of seminars/events and temporary closure of visitor facilities in response to novel coronavirus outbreak (Feb. 19)
2.Measures for continued smooth operation of the market
- Use of back-up offices and strengthening of back-up facilities in Tokyo and Osaka
- Enforcement of remote working where possible, after careful examination of each department's duties and situation
- Active implementation of staggered working hours, using the flex time system
To respond to emerging risks, JPX Group has compiled a BCP defining its basic policy, system, procedures, etc. for continuing operations in situations where this is difficult.