Thomson Financial, an operating unit of The Thomson Corporation (TSX: TOC, NYSE: TOC) and leading provider of information and technology solutions to the worldwide financial community, today announced that Staples, the world’s largest office products company, has selected Thomson Treasura as the treasury workstation for its global treasury operations.
"We assessed the marketplace of ASP treasury management system providers and Thomson best met Staples' needs for a global, integrated solution to make our treasury processes more efficient," said Marci Jo Lerner, vice president and assistant treasurer at Staples, Inc. "We are excited to work with Thomson on this important initiative."
Staples was specifically interested in a solution that could be accessed from anywhere, at anytime. To effectively streamline its internal treasury processes, Staples also needed a comprehensive solution with the ability to capture and maintain its significant investment portfolio across multiple asset classes, while streamlining its cash management, accounting and payment functions.
Since its launch in 2004, Treasura has demonstrated its strength as a secure, completely Web-based application capable of handling a large capacity of client activity. Treasura provides a broad range of sophisticated functionality, enabling clients to:
- Manage their portfolio of investments, debt, FX and derivatives
- Gain a consolidated view of their cash positions across multiple banks, currencies, and business segments
- Link to their general ledger
- Conduct in-depth cash and performance forecast analysis
- Execute inter-company loans and process electronic payments
- Leverage comprehensive security and audit processes
- Calculate current market values for instruments and store these over the life of the instrument
- Conduct financial instrument and market adjustment accounting
- Automate other internal processes
"We look forward to working closely with Staples to ensure their treasury professionals derive the full value of our cutting edge technology and industry leading services," said Justin Brimfield, senior vice president of Corporate Treasury Services at Thomson Financial. "We are confident that Treasura will streamline Staples' processes, resulting in the increased effectiveness of their treasury group.