The European Banking Authority (EBA) has published a further set of questions and answers (Q&As) on the single rulebook requirements under the Capital Requirements Directive and associated Regulation (CRD and CRR, together CRD IV).
The questions include:
- grandfathering of own funds instruments (Q 61);
- eligibility of Tier 2 after contractual change if already in amortisation phase (Q 174);
- requirement to establish a risk/audit committee (Q 228);
- tap issues (a further increase in the amount of an original issue of a capital instrument) (Q 238);
- assets controlled by a liquidity management function (Q 280); and
- valuation of qualifying holdings outside the financial sector for the purposes of Article 89 of the CRR (Q 367).