NorthOne, the FinTech that built one of the country’s leading banking apps for small businesses, today announced that it has partnered with The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC, to provide banking services to NorthOne’s fast growing customer base, and Galileo Technologies to deliver more processing services to new and existing NorthOne customers.
What The Bancorp Bank’s other consumer FinTech partners have done for American individuals, NorthOne will now be able to do for small business owners by joining forces with one of the top banking and technical infrastructure partners in the financial industry.
NorthOne is a financial technology provider, not a bank. Banking services are provided by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC.
“We’re assembling the best of everything for our small business customers,” says NorthOne CEO and co-founder Eytan Bensoussan. “We have the team, the research insights, the platform and customer experience, and now we have the absolute best infrastructure and bank partners in the world. We’re so determined to build the primary banking platform that small businesses deserve - it’s our privilege and opportunity to serve them - and now we’re set up for incredible scale.”
Small business owners today make up 99.7% of the U.S. employer firms and 64% of new private sector jobs, yet are historically underserved and forgotten by traditional banks. NorthOne’s infrastructure changes were made first and foremost with their customers’ feedback in mind, with the goal of making their banking experience simple. The challenger banking app has removed complexities by eliminating non-sufficient funds (NSF) and overdraft fees, further reducing processing times compared to other challenger banking apps, and is set up to offer a full suite of transaction methods with limits engineered to allow a small business to use their NorthOne Account as their primary bank account.
Through its partnership with The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC, current and new NorthOne customers will now have access to updated account features, including:
• Deposit funds from checks¹ through the NorthOne mobile app with the ability to access funds in minutes, any time of day
• No NSF fees, overdraft fees, or fees for ACH payments or direct deposits from popular point of sale providers like Stripe or Square
• Withdraw cash at more than two million Cirrus ATMs worldwide with no additional fees charged by NorthOne2
• Transfer cash to a NorthOne Account at nearly 100,000 Green Dot® locations nationwide3
• Budget and plan for important expenses like taxes, payroll, and rent with NorthOne Account Envelopes
• Powerful invoicing features with the ability to send a professional invoice in moments
• NorthOne’s mobile and web banking app that helps small business owners make payments and keep track of their company’s finances
“Small business owners today are under extreme pressure and stress to manage and grow their companies,” said Steve Turza, Director Business Development at The Bancorp Bank. “Through our partnership, NorthOne has the ability to scale their platform and help small business owners save time, budget and plan their finances, and run their business with confidence.”