Thomson Financial, an operating unit of The Thomson Corporation (NYSE: TOC, TSX: TOC) and leading provider of information and technology solutions to the worldwide financial community, today announced the launch of Thomson ONE Portfolio, the comprehensive portfolio analytics solution that provides industry-leading performance attribution and sophisticated portfolio profiling.
Thomson ONE Portfolio delivers robust portfolio analytics to the desktop, allowing investment managers to keep portfolios aligned with their investment objectives and helping them to improve client retention.
"Today's investment professionals must produce detailed explanations of portfolio performance to satisfy clients and win over new prospects," said Ron Perez, vice president/Global Customer Segments. "Thomson ONE Portfolio satisfies these needs by offering fully integrated industry-leading attribution and portfolio profiling tools."
Tailored to your Workflow
Through its intuitive navigation and insightful graphics, Thomson ONE Portfolio presents the sources of relative return in a flexible and interactive framework. Users can now quantify the impact of investment decisions on portfolio performance and discuss these details with clients, prospects and associates.
- Portfolio Managers can easily identify the elements contributing to a portfolio's performance for any period of time, based on traditional sector/industry factors or multiple fundamental factors.
- Marketing Directors can improve client retention and attract new assets with detailed explanations of portfolio performance and insight as to how results were achieved.
- Client Services can use insightful performance information to regularly communicate results to clients and easily demonstrate the methodology behind their investment decisions.
- Research Analysts can track the performance of their recommendations to better facilitate the investment process.
- Separately Managed Accounts (SMA) Distributors can use performance attribution to select managers for their programs, and to monitor portfolio structure, style and performance on an ongoing basis.
Sophisticated Analysis, Clear Communications
Performance Attribution - Uncover the sources of relative return Thomson ONE Portfolio gives investment managers a complete picture of a portfolio's relative performance.
Clients are able to:
- Attribute performance to specific factors such as economic/industry, size, growth, P/E or custom schemes.
- Graphically display how investment decisions contributed to relative performance.
- Access underlying stock detail to measure the fundamental drivers of performance.
Portfolio Profile - Analyze the structure and characteristics of a portfolio
Thomson ONE Portfolio enables clients to evaluate characteristics over time or among portfolios by displaying characteristics and sector weightings for one or more portfolios or indices on one or more dates.
Clients are able to:
- Analyze a portfolio or index over time to identify how its characteristics have evolved.
- Compare several portfolios to a benchmark or a model portfolio on any chosen date.
- Compare a portfolio to a benchmark and display the differences.
Thomson ONE Portfolio is also available as an add-on to Thomson Baseline, the comprehensive investment management solution for portfolio diagnostics, security evaluation, security selection, client communications and custom applications. By adding Thomson ONE Portfolio to Thomson Baseline's robust analytic tools, investment managers can easily measure - and communicate - how equity fundamentals ultimately drive portfolio performance.