Tanzanian startup NALA is launching a new money transfer app in the UK in early 2021.
The YC backed company who recently gained EMD Agent approval from UK financial regulator the FCA, aims to tailor it’s services to the needs of the East African diaspora in the UK.
- Prior to launching this app, we built a mobile money app for Africa that grew to over 250,000 customers in just over a year and became East Africa’s #1 finance app.
- We are renowned US VC Accel’s first sub-Saharan African investment and also backed by Y-Combinator.
- Our mission is to increase economic opportunity for Africans worldwide and we believe that remittances are one of the best forms of economic development.
- We want to use remittances as a foundation for new layers of banking services for the African diaspora and their loved ones back home.
- The NALA beta app will be rolling out gradually from February 2021 for UK based customers sending to Kenya and Uganda- people can sign up for early access at www.iwantnala.com It will be available for customers sending to Tanzania shortly after.