Source: Belzberg Technologies
Belzberg Technologies Inc. (TSX:BLZ) today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2005.
Highlights for the 2005 fourth quarter and fiscal year included:
- Record fourth quarter 2005 net earnings of $1.7 million, up by 300% from a net loss of $0.8 million in the same year-ago quarter. Fiscal 2005 net earnings increased to a record $4.1 million up by 400% from a net loss of $1.4 million for the prior year
- Record fourth quarter 2005 diluted earnings per share of $0.12 up from a loss per share of $0.06 in the same year-ago quarter. Fiscal 2005 diluted earnings per share increased to $0.30 per share up from a loss of $0.10 per share for the prior year
- Record fourth quarter 2005 revenue of $9.0 million, up by 38% from $6.5 million in the same year-ago quarter and up by 8% from third quarter 2005 revenue of $8.3 million. Fiscal 2005 revenue increased to a record $33.0 million up by 27% from revenue of $25.9 million for the prior year
- Average daily volume of electronic equity and index options contracts traded increased by 178% to 214,000 electronic option contracts in the fourth quarter of 2005 compared to 77,000 contracts in the same year-ago quarter
- Average daily volume of equity order flow executed by Belzberg's wholly owned U.S. broker-dealer subsidiary increased by 36% to 30.8 million shares in the fourth quarter of 2005 compared to 22.7 million shares in the same year-ago quarter
- Improved financial position with cash and cash equivalents of $7.1 million and working capital of $10.5 million at December 31, 2005, up from cash and cash equivalents of $4.1 million and working capital of $5.2 million at December 31, 2004.
"I am very pleased with our progress and financial results both for the quarter and fiscal year," said Sid Belzberg, Belzberg's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Our unique trading platform continues to attract strong demand as evidenced by solid increases in our average daily volume. We remain focused on leveraging our innovation and technological leadership to enhance our product offerings as we attract more market participants to our platform."Download the document now 36.7 kb (Adobe Acrobat Document)