Pingit has launched a dedicated e-store, web.pingit.com, which for the first time brings together a wide range of its payment devices in one location.
• This will provide consumers with a convenient one-stop-shop to browse and buy a large selection of wearable payment accessories, enabling them to pay easily and securely, no matter who they bank with.
• Customers will be able to purchase Pingit’s newly-released range of fashion and lifestyle accessories embedded with payment capabilities, from key fobs to wearable payment bands to the Loop – a holder to add a payment chip to an existing watch or fitness band.
• In addition, over the coming months customers will be able to buy a wide range of partner products including key fobs, leather bracelets and watches from well-known fashion brands such as Timex, Guess, Hugo Boss and Tovi Sorga. Other prominent brands represented on the e-store include TapStrap, Hirsch, Kiroco, and Sunnto.
• All Pingit payment devices come with a host of features to help consumers spend conveniently and stay in control via the app.
• Users can top up and monitor purchases on the free Pingit mobile app. They can spend with their device anywhere contactless is accepted, with each transaction covered by the same fraud protection as a contactless bank card.
• Pingit is open to everyone, aged 16 or over who has a UK bank account and a UK registered mobile phone number[i]. You can find out more at pingit.com.
• In addition, the Pingit app enables users to:
- o pay friends and family fee-free in over 40 countries
- o donate to and fundraise for charity in just a few taps
- o split the bill with up to 20 people
- o create up to five ‘jars’ to manage their money for specific purposes, such as spending on a holiday or collecting pocket money for a child. Users can instantly assign and re-assign a wearable device to a jar through the app – so all spending on the device will draw down from the jar of their choosing, creating an easy way to manage your spending on-the-go.
Rob Morgan, Head of Sales and Partnerships at Barclays, said: “By launching our e-store we’re giving consumers an easy way to browse and buy a large selection of contactless payment devices, all in one place. With a wide range of suppliers including some of the top names in fashion, we’re certain there will be something for everyone who wants a stylish and easy way to pay on the go.”