Calypso Technology, Inc., a leading provider of capital markets trading solutions for global financial institutions, today announced that it has released Calypso V8 with its increased pre-configuration capabilities.
These software enhancements are combined with several new implementation initiatives to provide complete prepackaged solutions which are asset class specific as well as cross-asset.
Calypso V8 combines the functionality developed for large global financial institutions like HSBC, Bear Stearns, and Citigroup with expertise gained from numerous successful implementations to create complete end-to-end software solutions for each capital markets business area. It covers a variety of enhancements and services, including:
- Market interfaces available "out of the box", including SwapsWire, DTCC and T-Zero
- Preconfigured trade workflow, reports, accounting rules and confirmations for back office users
- Interfaces to technology infrastructure partners, including DataSynapse and VERITAS
- CalypsoML enhancements to assist with data migration and interfacing
- Calypso University offering a range of training courses including asset class specific and certification training
- Development of packaged implementations in partnership with select partner firms
These standardized offerings combine the best of breed functionality used at top tier firms with tools to simplify the implementation process and are designed to enable Calypso users to have the ability to accurately define their project requirements and plan the total implementation accordingly leading to lowering the customer's total cost of ownership.
"Our involvement in a range of projects at financial organizations both large and small has taught us the most efficient way to get our customers into production. We are keen to share this knowledge in order to provide our customers with the ability to quantify their projects towards their successful completion," said Charles Marston, Chairman and CEO of Calypso Technology, Inc. "By packaging our software solutions in this way, customers can choose to leverage the experience the Calypso team has acquired or to maximize the extensibility of the Calypso software by customizing it to the users needs."
Calypso V8 also introduces major enhancements in the commodities module and expands the structuring of exotic hybrid products through eXSP for all asset classes.