Nasdaq, Inc. (Nasdaq: NDAQ), today announced the opening of its new global headquarters at 151 W. 42nd Street and Client Experience Center on the 10th floor, featuring a 2,100 square foot outdoor terrace above the iconic Nasdaq Tower in Times Square.
The new state-of-the-art Client Experience Center has the capacity to host 400 people for industry and corporate events. During the next two years the company will consolidate its remaining New York office space into the new location.
“As the financial services industry has gravitated to Midtown in New York City, Nasdaq’s relocation of our global headquarters to Times Square is emblematic of our mission to remain close to our clients in order to better serve their needs,” said Adena Friedman, President and CEO, Nasdaq. “With our expanded footprint in our new facility, we are able to bring together all employees in New York, creating a collaborative environment that fosters our culture of innovation. At Nasdaq, we continue to move forward and pursue the bold ideas that will not only help address challenges and opportunities faced by our clients today but also shape the markets of tomorrow.”
The expansion of Nasdaq’s Times Square location also brings in new media partnerships in addition to more than 50 existing daily media productions. The Nasdaq MarketSite is currently the proud home of CNBC’s Squawk Box and Fast Money, as well as many leading U.S. and international media outlets. Nasdaq is planning to begin showcasing several new shows from the Nasdaq broadcast studios, including:
- Barron’s Group – The country’s premier publisher of investment news, opinions and insights, part of Dow Jones, will be launching a regular video show at Nasdaq MarketSite. The show will feature expert journalists and commentators from Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News and Mansion Global on the most important issues facing the global economy and markets. The show will focus on investment opportunities and stock market analysis.
- Bloomberg CIO Exchange – The CIO Exchange returns to Nasdaq in New York on October 16th for another highly informative day of programming, geared specifically towards c-suite tech leaders, across industries. Senior Bloomberg Journalists and Bloomberg Intelligence Analysts will bring together the leading minds in tech to discuss, and dig into the data, that allows delegates to be drivers of innovation now, find out where enterprises can benefit from cloud technology, and look to uncover the next evolution of security advancements.
- Influencers with Andy Serwer – Yahoo Finance Editor-in-Chief Andy Serwer sits down with some of the biggest names in business, politics, entertainment, sports, and academia. To date Influencers has featured Barry Diller, Jean Case, Alexis Ohanian and other “Influencers” for candid conversations on industry trends, the macro economy and issues of the day through a business lens. New episode is available every Thursday at 5:00 p.m. ET.
- The Space Economy – A new economic frontier abounds as humankind recognizes the expanding opportunities within low Earth orbit and beyond. The public and private sectors have already come together to realize the market potential of space innovation that is forecasted to create a trillion dollar industry. Nasdaq market experts along with NASA scientists and experts involved with the International Space Station will collaborate to present viewers with perspectives on valuing assets and resources in the new space economy. The Space Economy will be broadcasting in the second quarter of 2019.
- The Washington Post Live – The Washington Post Live is the journalism event platform for in-depth, on-the-record conversations featuring award-winning Post journalists and leading newsmakers. Events attract senior leaders across policy, government and business and a vast digital audience across Washington Post platforms, which reach more than 82 million monthly readers. The events will take place starting in the second half of the year.
- The Watch List with Nicole Petallides – Live daily content for the TD Ameritrade Network from the Nasdaq MarketSite from 1-2 p.m. ET each business day, offering investors a midday look at the most relevant stocks, sectors and commodities. Petallides hosts a panel of experts ranging from industry-leading CEOs, analysts and Wall Street influencers to discuss pressing topics moving the market, intended to provide viewers with a definitive watch list for the end of the trading day and beyond.
“In partnering with Nasdaq, Barron’s Group will bring unparalleled investment analysis to viewers in a compelling new show,” said Almar Latour, Publisher of Barron’s Group and EVP at Dow Jones. "Viewers of the show will get access to Barron's Group's top-class market analysis and investment insights, brought to the screen by our seasoned columnists and commentators. The show will be a must-watch for anyone who cares about the markets, from beginners to billionaires."
“This year’s Bloomberg CIO Exchange brings together the leading minds in technology to discuss the innovations disrupting our markets,” said Stephen Colvin, Global Head, Bloomberg Live, Bloomberg. “We could not be more excited to bring this event back to Nasdaq for the third year, and we’re thrilled to showcase the event at their new event space overlooking the iconic Times Square.”
"Nasdaq has been a great partner, offering fantastic support, as we have developed and grown Yahoo Finance’s original programming," said Joanna Lambert, General Manager of Finance, Tech and Autos at Verizon Media. "We are excited about the prospect to launch new and exciting events for our joint clients in Nasdaq’s expanded space, in this iconic Times Square location.”
“As The Washington Post Live continues to expand events across the country, we are excited to be one of the first publishers to take advantage of Nasdaq’s new, state-of-the-art global headquarters in New York City,” said Kristine Coratti Kelly, Head of The Washington Post Live and Vice President of Communications, The Washington Post.
“Nasdaq has been an incredible collaborator with the TD Ameritrade Network, and the response to its latest show, “The Watch List with Nicole Petallides” from MarketSite has been tremendous,” said Steve Quirk, executive vice president of trading and education at TD Ameritrade. “There are always innovative and exciting companies stopping by the Nasdaq studios, and it’s been a great experience to have some of them as guests on our shows.”
“Today we celebrate this milestone with Nasdaq, one of the great assets to Times Square since the New Year’s Eve of 1999,” said Tim Tompkins, President, Times Square Alliance. “Times Square is constantly evolving but remains a premier destination for New Yorkers and visitors from all over the world. We congratulate Nasdaq and look forward to our continued partnership in offering unique experiences for individual and business guests.”
“We put a lot of energy and passion into developing strategic media and content partnerships in order to build truly unique programming that convenes the thought leaders of today addressing the issues of tomorrow,” said Jeremy Skule, Chief Marketing Officer, Nasdaq. “As our industry moves toward more bespoke client experiences and digital programming, the expansion of our current facility allows us to further our commitment in creating a platform for exchanging ideas, insights and information.”
Contributed | what does this mean?