RDM Corporation (TSX: RC), the leading developer of specialized software and hardware products for electronic payment processing today announced that Unisys Corporation (NYSE:UIS) has selected the RDM EC6000/7000i series imager to offer a feature rich, low cost check electronification solution to its customers.
Unisys will brand and market the product worldwide as the Unisys UEC6000/7000i.
"Unisys is one of the premier technology and services providers in the world today with an unequaled reputation for the quality of its people, products, and levels of service. Their sales and service organization reaches virtually every corner of the globe," said Douglas Newman, President and CEO of RDM Corporation. "We are delighted with this new relationship with such a well known global entity as Unisys, to extend the availability and distribution of RDM's check technologies and products."
Based on the success of RDM's EC6000i series with its small footprint, unsurpassed connectivity, and industry leading MICR and image technology, the RDM EC7000i two-sided imager will provide a low cost, two-sided imaging solution to merchants and low volume billers who want to take advantage of the opportunities presented by Check 21. The RDM EC7000i series is equipped with a robust feature set that includes:
- Capture of high-quality two-sided binary image of the check in seconds
- Two memory options for image storage
- Standard USB connectivity provides flexible connection to PC-based applications
- The industry's highest MICR read accuracy using RDM's patented Progressive MICR Method
- Optional OCR E13B MICR Assist offers maximum recognition accuracy to virtually 100% MICR read rate
- Facilitates the requirement for check defacement for point-of-purchase transactions in one simple process with its optional franking acknowledgment printer
- Optional internal alphanumeric OCR A & B font recognition makes it the ideal solution for bill payment applications
- Optional bi-directional Magnetic Stripe Reader (MSR)
"After an extensive evaluation process, the RDM EC7000 series was selected because of its superior MICR read rate and image quality", said Gary Wallen, vice president and general manager of Payment Systems for Unisys. "RDM is a market leader in the business with major installations across the United States. The addition of the Unisys UEC6000/7000i - high-quality, low-cost imaging solutions in our portfolio allows us maximum flexibility in providing our customers with a comprehensive suite of imaging products to meet the ever changing needs in the payments industry."