Discover announced today that cardmembers now can redeem Cashback Bonus® for a statement credit through Apple Pay.
Apple Pay is the easy, secure and private way to pay and Discover is the first major credit card issuer to offer the ability to redeem rewards after a purchase through Apple Pay.1
“Cashback Bonus redemption through Apple Pay can happen in just two touches for Discover cardmembers,” said Szabolcs Paldy, vice president of e-business for Discover. “We are committed to providing simple and valuable solutions to our customers wherever and whenever they need them. Customer experience hinges on embracing mobile-first technologies like Apple Pay, and this new ability will make Cashback Bonus redemption even easier and more convenient for our cardmembers.”
Discover Cashback Bonus redemption through Apple Pay requires an iPhone 6 or later.2 Cardmembers must have:
• A Discover card added to Apple Pay
• The Discover Mobile app version 8.9.0 or above installed
• A rewards balance higher than purchase amount
How to Redeem
In order to redeem Cashback Bonus for statement credit through Apple Pay, Discover cardmembers just:
1. Make a qualifying purchase3 with your Discover card using Apple Pay on your iPhone
2. Select “Tap for Details” under the Discover redemption message in Apple Wallet
3. Then tap to redeem your Cashback Bonus as a statement credit in the amount of the purchase
Security and privacy is at the core of Apple Pay. When you use your Discover card with Apple Pay, the actual card numbers are not stored on the device, nor on Apple servers. Instead, a unique Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted and securely stored in the Secure Element on your device. Each transaction is authorized with a one-time unique dynamic security code. Apple Pay is easy to set up and users will continue to receive all of the rewards and beneﬁts offered by their cards.