Tesco Bank adds card blocking feature to mobile app
08 August 2017 | 4764 views | 0
Tesco Bank is to make it easier for customers to report their card lost or stolen by adding a new ‘block / unblock’ feature to the Bank’s Mobile Banking App.
With over 300,000 customers contacting the Bank over the last year to report their card lost or stolen, customers can now use the Mobile Banking App to quickly and easily block their card ensuring that it cannot be used further, while keeping their account active. Customers who subsequently find their card again can also easily unblock it via the app or cancel their card completely and order a replacement card if required.
Grant Bourbousson, Digital Director at Tesco Bank, said: “We want to make banking as easy as possible for customers. Millions of credit card customers across the UK contact their bank each year to report a lost card only to find it again. By allowing our credit card customers to block their card with just the tap of a button on their phone, this new feature takes the hassle and stress out of those occasions when you think you’ve lost your card, only to find it a little later. It is just another example of the innovative new features we are delivering to help customers manage their money using our Mobile Banking App.”
Tesco Bank’s Mobile Banking App offers customers a number of innovative features to help them manage their finances quickly and easily, including:
• Balance Peek, which enables customers to view the balance on their selected accounts quickly and easily, without having to go through the full login process
• Fingerprint login with Touch ID and Android Fingerprint
• The ability for credit card customers to manage their credit limit
• The ability for customers to set up, edit or cancel their Direct Debit payment to their credit card
• A calendar which enables current account customers to see how their spending changes month to month
• An unauthorised overdraft alert feature to help current account customers avoid account fees