Thomson Financial, an operating unit of The Thomson Corporation (NYSE: TOC; TSX: TOC) and leading provider of information and technology solutions to the worldwide financial community, and Interfax Business Service, part of Interfax Information Services Group, Russia's leading provider of information and services to the financial market, today announced a strategic partnership to market professional solutions for the corporate community in Russia.
Under the terms of the agreement, Interfax Business Service will act as an exclusive agent offering Thomson Financial's market leading information, analytical and consulting services aimed at helping Russian companies access the global capital markets. In addition, the agreement allows scope for Thomson Financial and Interfax Group to cooperate on the development of joint business operations in Russia.
The agreement with Thomson Financial will provide Russian clients seeking to raise capital from foreign equity and bond investors with vital intelligence about the global capital markets. This suite of investor relations (IR) solutions includes analysis of the potential international investor base, assessment of a company's perception amongst the world-wide financial community, analysis of a company's shareholder base, arrangement of institutional investor road-shows and development of customizable tools to undertake a coordinated IR programme.
Mikhail Komissar, Chairman, Interfax Group commented: "Against the backdrop of globalization in the world's capital markets, Russian companies are equally interested in dealing with investors in Russia and abroad. Our cooperation with Thomson Financial broadens our spectrum of services with market leading technology and international content tailored to the needs of the corporate community. Combined with our own IR offering for Russian companies accessing the domestic capital markets, this offering for Russian companies accessing the global capital markets will increase the profile of Russian business among both domestic and foreign investors. It will also enhance the standard of Russian IR services, making our market more attractive to both issuers and investors."
Donal Smith, President and Chief Operating Officer – Europe & Asia, Thomson Financial added: "We are unique in our ability to offer tailored information solutions aimed at improving the performance of the corporate, buy-side and sell-side communities around the world. Our Corporate Services Group provides a truly integrated, end-to-end IR solution. This agreement with Interfax will play a significant role in helping Russian companies access the global capital markets by providing invaluable insight on market and investor trends, enabling them to undertake best practice investor relations."
Thomson Financial offers corporations a competitive edge in investor relations communications through a blend of technology and financial data solutions. This allows a corporate client in Russia to:
- Assess its own valuation, investment profile and positioning relative to the peer group through Thomson Analytical Services
- Understand the implications of capital flows through Capital Markets Intelligence (CMI)
- Deliver targeted communications to key investors with bespoke messaging services
- Manage analysis of financial information and contacts through Thomson IRChannel
- Outsource management of its own IR Website, through Web Hosting
- Reach investors by webcasting results presentations and distribution through Thomson Financial's unparalleled network
Interfax Business Service offers corporations and financial institutions Investor Relations services based on a unique blend of information resources and expertise. This allows a corporate client in Russia to:
- Understand expectations on investors in debt and equity markets
- Organize feedback on the company's activities and business from the investor community
- Improve dissemination of corporate information to current and potential investors in Russia and internationally
- Improve corporate presentations to investors through professional disclosure services, IR Website, and corporate presentation materials
- Manage the database of contact information of investors, analysts and other relevant parties for corporate communication