Smarsh adds compliance support for Workplace by Facebook
19 April 2017 | 3238 views | 0
Smarsh, the leading provider of cloud-based information archiving solutions for compliance, e-discovery and risk management, today at F8, Facebook's annual developer conference, announced archiving support for Workplace by Facebook , a collaboration platform that helps organizations get more done.
Smarsh support for Workplace will enable customers to quickly and securely search, review and produce Workplace content within The Archiving Platform from Smarsh, alongside email, text messaging, social media, and other types of electronic communications—as part of one comprehensive retention and oversight solution.
Organizations in highly regulated industries like financial services that want to use Workplace must also meet the records retention and oversight requirements of organizations such as the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and other global regulatory agencies, making an integrated archiving and compliance solution critical. In addition, government organizations that use Workplace must retain and produce public records to meet federal Freedom of Information (FOIA) and state open records laws.
“Smarsh is thrilled to announce support for Workplace, which is changing the way people work and helping them stay connected wherever they go,” said Stephen Marsh, founder and CEO of Smarsh. “Mutual customers will be more productive using the familiar, collaboration benefits of Workplace, and can protect their organization from compliance and e-discovery risk with Smarsh.”
Workplace by Facebook customers can leverage The Archiving Platform from Smarsh to:
• Capture, index, and search Workplace content from News Feed, Groups, Work Chat, Live, files and more in their original format, regardless of a user’s device, location, or network
• Search across all communications within Workplace and review fully threaded conversations to see the context of messages, updates, comments, and files
• Leverage a full supervision audit trail that tracks each review session within The Archiving Platform, and actions taken on specific messages
• Escalate and tag Workplace content based on cases, events or topics
• Assign or forward Workplace messages to supervisors for further review
• Export only necessary Workplace data in multiple formats securely and directly to outside company counsel, regulatory examiners or third-party e-discovery providers during litigation events
• Preserve Workplace communication on non-erasable, non-rewriteable media in its native, unaltered format to meet recordkeeping obligations
• Search Workplace content alongside other communications channels, including email, text messaging, and social media, in one consolidated destination in The Archiving Platform from Smarsh