Startupbootcamp FinTech, the leading accelerator focused on financial innovation, has today announced the names of the 9 global startups selected to join its London program.
The companies, which include teams from across Europe, America and Asia-Pacific, have been selected following a rigorous process by a working group of industry experts, including representatives from Startupbootcamp and its partners.
The startups will participate in the three month intense acceleration program that combines a comprehensive content syllabus, hands-on working sessions with more than 400 mentors, entrepreneurs and a curated engagement with the Startupbootcamp partner companies to build partnerships, pilot projects, proof of concept or prototype.
The companies will join a growing global network of more than 3,000 investors, mentors and startups. With FinTech Programs in New York, Singapore and Amsterdam the startups will have immediate access to support network in global FinTech hubs.
The Program is backed by financial giants as MasterCard, Lloyds Banking Group, PwC, Rabobank, Intesa Sanpaolo, arvato Bertelsmann, Route66, MJ Hudson and Cognito PR who will provide their expertise, exposure channels, APIs and access to a network of industry professionals that most early stage FinTech startups would not be able to achieve otherwise on their own.
Han Veldwijk, Head of FinTech at Lloyds Banking Group commented: “As always being a part of Startupbootcamp’s Selection Days is hugely exciting; we are meeting FinTechs who are passionate about delivering new and valuable services for customers. We’ve experienced great success recently through collaboration with Startupbootcamp’s alumni WoraPay and hope to identify more opportunities as the programme progresses with the new cohort.”
Harrie Vollaard, Head of Innovation at Rabobank further added: “The 9 FinTech startups of Startupbootcamp FinTech are better than ever aligned with industry opportunities and the challenges the financial industry is facing. The potential is high and therefore we are looking forward to work together with them and we are sure we can establish several relationships during the accelerator program.”
Francisco Lorca, Managing Director at Startupbootcamp FinTech London commented: “Over the last six months we have identified almost 1,000 startups, visited financial hubs across four continents and held 18 different recruitment events. During this time we have met some of the world's most interesting, innovative and promising FinTech startups. We are optimistic that startups will continue to thrive and adapt in changing circumstances and I am looking forward to working with the entrepreneurs and our partners during our program this year. We are delighted to see that the Brexit vote has not affected the innovation and enthusiasm found in startups”
The 9 teams selected to join the 2016 Startupbootcamp FinTech London program are:
- Enterprise Bot - Enterprise Bot provide banks with a powerful AI-powered customer relationship tool to enhance customer experience. The multi platform messenger takes care of a wide range of customer needs and queries for call centers reducing costs by 85% and wait time by 90-95%.
- EuropeOne - EuropeOne is a Pan-European mobile bank offering easy bank account opening and financial transactions, multilingual interfaces and a unique and free remittance service to the millions of Europeans working in a different country than their own.
- Kyolab - Kyolab solves the complex problem of mobile compliance for regulated institutions, with a core focus on monitoring and archival of instant messaging apps such as Whatsapp and WeChat. The solution allows clients to choose their preferred set of mobile messaging apps for business communication, while remaining compliant with regulation, avoiding substantial non-compliance fines.
- MoBILLity - By analysing transactional and recurrent service providers data such as utilities, broadband and cable from its users, moBILLity lets them to switch providers in one click and realise significant saving which they would never access otherwise.
- Monuva - Monuva is the all in one cash management platform for SME’s. The platform allows them to not only see and manage their multiple accounts in one single place but also gives them the tools to offer their own clients flexible ways to get paid in multiple countries and currencies.
- Penta Bank - Penta is a bank for small businesses. It redefines SME banking by empowering businesses to do more through software, a fast online service and a great user experience.
- Trakti - Trakti is a peer to peer (P2P) platform facilitating procurement, sourcing and sales with dynamic, personalized negotiations and contracts registered in the Blockchain.
- Zenith One - Zenith One gives financial advisors the technology they need to acquire, onboard and advise clients cheaply and efficiently, with state of the art user experience.
- Zeroflows - Zeroflows enables asset managers to access first hand information and hard to find liquidity in emerging and frontier stock markets.