Source: BNP Paribas
The 2nd edition of the BNP Paribas International Hackathon took place last week-end in 8 countries simultaneously.
96 startups competed to create solutions around the theme: “Streamlining the Customer Journey through co-creation with startups.”
Last week-end, startups joined forces in order to find the best solutions to address this year’s theme: “Streamlining the Customer Journey through co-creation with startups.”
In San Francisco, London, Paris, Brussels, Rome, Berlin, Warsaw and Istanbul, teams including both startups and experts from different divisions of the Group, were all interconnected simultaneously, to develop solutions for the benefit of clients.
This event was organised and sponsored by Thierry Laborde, BNP Paribas Deputy COO and Head of Domestic Markets and Jacques d’Estais, BNP Paribas Deputy COO and Head of International Financial Services.
On Sunday night, 18 startups were selected to develop their projects during the second stage: the Digital Boot-camp.
The winners per country are:
In the UK for BNP Paribas CIB:
• Atsora platform is a “virtual CFO” for SME helping with cashflow and business model planning, cost optimization and sales. Platform is seamlessly integrated with bank account, online accounting and other SaaS business applications in order to provide real-time view on business and help with day-by-day decisions.
• Symetrics is a risk technology company that offers SyMath, a strategic risk analytics software platform for financial institutions.
For Retail Banking France and Cardif:
• Excense SAS co-creates, designs and develops software solutions to enhance human-to-human interactions in commercial and collaborative environments.
• Cadre de Vie sells several APIs to generate real-estate leads. It identifies customers likely to move in the short term and shares this information with other partners who can benefit from additional leads.
• For Personal Finance:
• Carsift is a car recommendation engine which understands consumers’ emotional and practical needs to help them find the perfect car.
In the US for Bank of the West:
• KaChing makes it easy for parents to create custodial investment accounts for their kids so that families can start investment portfolios with the touch of a button
• Spacequant provides an automated research platform for commercial real estate investors and lenders, helping analyze where to invest and how well a property is likely to perform
In Belgium for BNP Paribas Fortis:
• Birdee/Gambit repositions clients at the center of the investment advisory process with an adaption of a robo-advisor solution.
• Ixor used its IoT platform IxorTalk to create a product adding value and convenience to BNP Paribas Fortis clients. Through the EasyBanking app, they allow the clients to access the BNP Paribas parkings and meeting rooms in a frictionless way using their smartphone.
In Italy for BNL:
• Almonds provides semantic analysis and a new collaborative space with accountants
• Windmills “BNL|US” funds customer dream home with an innovative loan that let borrowers get more capital by leveraging trust from friends, family and fans
For Personal Finance:
• All Industries “Web 3.0 Innovative Chat Bot” allow customers to interact smartly with their Bank!
In Germany for Consorsbank:
• Hi Emma helps users who want to do their banking in a hassle freeway by providing a human interface to banking services. It has set up a bot in established messaging channels that connects to the user’s financial account.
• Aboalarm is a leading mobile & web-based contract management service in Germany enabling private persons to easily cancel contracts and keep the perfect overview of all contracts (insurances, cable, electricity,gas, etc). Aboalarm is the only full-service/web-service that helps users to cancel auto-renewing contracts.
In Poland for BGZ BNP Paribas:
• Autenti is a platform that approves documents and signs contracts online to bring more sales and happy customers with one-click e-signatures
• Indata provides advanced IT services and complex software products supported by professional business consulting services
In Turkey for TEB:
• Birlikte.al is a real estate crowdfunding platform which offers instant credit to customers in order to invest in real estate, while enabling SMEs to find funds through the platform by selling their property and become a renter.
• Hesapkurdu is a single platform and a continuous experience for a fast, easy-to-use digital mortgage process and immediate online approval.
The BNP Paribas International Hackathon encompasses 3 steps: 1/ the Week-end, 2/ the Digital Boot-camp, where startups will be able to call upon the know-how of BNP Paribas experts so as to optimise their chances of success. After this 5 month period, teams will present their projects to an international jury at the international Demo Day… to enter, maybe, the phase 3/ the Prototyping period in order to implement their solution within the BNP Paribas Group.
Contributed | what does this mean?