A first in the Canadian market, CIBC (CM) (CM) today introduced a stand-alone app that allows you to apply for, negotiate and receive approval for a mortgage with just a few taps of a smartphone – all with the dedicated support of a Mortgage Specialist via in-app messaging.
Developed at Live Labs, CIBC's technology & innovation hub at MaRS Discovery District in Toronto, CIBC Hello Home™ offers new levels of convenience and flexibility for accessing mortgage services.
"CIBC is at the forefront of developing and implementing mobile-driven solutions that address the clear shift in how Canadians access banking services," says Aayaz Pira, Vice-President, Digital Channels, CIBC. "Through our work with the country's top emerging tech talent at CIBC Live Labs we will continue to develop products and services that meet clients' growing digital expectations."
Key features of CIBC Hello Home™ include:
- Document digitization: Securely upload photos of required documents protected by secure file sharing technology
- In-app messaging: A dedicated Mortgage Specialist is available to answer any questions through secure in-app messaging
- Save and resume: The application can be saved and resumed at any time. Clients can review and agree to terms and conditions and submit with a tap on their smart phone
- Joint application: A maximum of two borrowers can use the app, and applicants can either use the same smartphone or use separate phones to complete their application
- Special rates: Clients benefit from special in-app mortgage rates and have access to mortgage calculators to determine how much they can afford
"With CIBC Hello Home and our expanded CIBC Mobile Banking App we are introducing the next generation of smartphone apps, adding features that go beyond basic customer service to create a mobile banking experience that delivers new levels of simplicity and convenience for our clients," says Mr. Pira.
CIBC Hello Home™ is a free download available currently available from the App Store for iPhone 4s and up and requires an iOS 8 and up operating system.
Contributed | what does this mean?