RSA Security Inc. (Nasdaq: RSAS) today announced strategic alliances with Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, Courion and M-Tech, enabling the companies to deliver holistic and integrated identity and access management (IAM) platforms to customers worldwide.
By pairing partners' leading provisioning technologies with RSA Security's IAM solutions, customers will be able to leverage the respective technological strengths each party brings to an IAM initiative. In addition, RSA Security and its strategic provisioning partners will provide robust product integration and jointly deliver each organization's technology expertise to customers. These alliances extend previous product-level integration delivered through the RSA Secured Partner Program.
"Microsoft and RSA Security have a long-standing partnership and together have delivered comprehensive IAM solutions to customers worldwide," said Michael Stephenson, Director, Windows Server Marketing at Microsoft. "This strategic alliance will create deeper product integration and enable joint customers to further leverage the benefits of Microsoft Identity Integration Server combined with RSA Security IAM solutions."
"Joint customers have already benefited from the product interoperability established between Sun Java System Identity Manager and RSA Security identity and access management solutions," said Sara Gates, Vice President of Identity Management for Sun Microsystems. "By expanding the companies' relationship to forge a strategic partnership, we will help ensure our customers have the ability to leverage the most robust solutions for provisioning, authentication and web access management technologies as they roll out comprehensive IAM architectures."
"Our strategic partnership with RSA Security will benefit our customers by offering them access to best of breed complementary solutions," said Kurt Johnson, Vice President of Corporate Development for Courion. "The integration of Courion's enterprise provisioning solution with RSA Security's technology will enable us to enhance our customers' ability to streamline access management across heterogeneous e-business environments while addressing the constantly changing needs of their business."
"M-Tech has enjoyed a close relationship with RSA Security for years, delivering integrated solutions to dozens of joint customers," said Idan Shoham, Chief Technology Officer at M-Tech. "The integrated RSA Security/M-Tech solution helps many organizations to more securely and efficiently provision, manage and deactivate RSA SecurID tokens, RSA ClearTrust web access management accounts and RSA Certificate Manager digital certificates. We look forward to continued growth in the M-Tech/RSA Security partnership, to support even more customers in the future."
RSA Security's identity and access management solutions – including RSA SecurID two-factor authentication, RSA ClearTrust web access management software, RSA Sign-On Manager enterprise single sign-on solution and RSA Federated Identity Manager software – enable customers to establish, protect and leverage trusted identities online. RSA Security, together with Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, Courion and M-Tech, will empower customers to further leverage trusted identities across the enterprise, as part of an end-to-end IAM solution.
RSA Security's strategic provisioning partner program expands on an existing strategic alliance with Thor Technologies and bolsters previously established product interoperability with these and other companies through the RSA Secured Partner Program. Solutions addressed in these new strategic alliances include:
- Sun Microsystems – Sun Java System Identity Manager, the industry's only complete user provisioning and meta-directory solution that enhances enterprise security – while simultaneously delivering a significant ROI. Identity Manager is a key component of the Sun identity management product portfolio.
- Microsoft – Microsoft Identity Integration Server (MIIS) 2003 is a centralized service that stores and integrates identity information for organizations with multiple directories. The goal of MIIS 2003 is to provide organizations with a unified view of all known identity information about users, applications, and network resources.
- Courion – Courion AccountCourier software is a fully automated user provisioning solution that quickly and easily accommodates changes to the business, IT and operations by enabling authorized individuals to instantly grant, revoke or modify access to any operating system, application, Web portal or other IT or physical assets without manual intervention.
- M-Tech – M-Tech ID-Synch solution automates all facets of user provisioning. It builds on the proven technology of P-Synch solution to streamline user administration and enforce security policies.
"There are a variety of provisioning solutions on the market today, which provide customers with a broad range of choice and flexibility," said Sally Hudson, Research Manager, Security Products and Services at IDC. "By establishing strategic partnerships with a range of technology providers, RSA Security is working to ensure that customers have a high degree of flexibility and choice to leverage the provisioning solution that best addresses the organization's specific identity and access management challenges."
"Establishing strategic provisioning partnerships with Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, Courion and M-Tech will provide our customers access to an integrated set of robust provisioning solutions as they move toward deploying complete IAM architectures," said Bill McQuaide, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Products Division at RSA Security. "RSA Security's proven strategy of partnering with best-of-breed solutions providers to deliver provisioning will best serve our customers by enabling them to select the provisioning solution that best fits an organization's overall business needs."
Seperately, RSA Security Inc. today announced RSA Sign-On Manager 4.5, an enterprise single sign-on (ESSO) solution that expands integration with the world's most widely-deployed two-factor authentication solution, RSA SecurID technology.
RSA Sign-On Manager software offers the only solution that joins ESSO, self-service emergency access and strong authentication for Microsoft Windows desktops and networks. Organizations may now also turn to a single vendor for integrated ESSO/two-factor authentication solutions, reducing the total cost of ownership. RSA Sign-On Manager software delivers simple and secure access to applications, improves password management, bolsters regulatory compliance, and reduces help desk costs.
Alleviating the Password Management Burden and Bolstering Compliance
Compliance requirements are leading to security and password management challenges for organizations of all sizes. This instigates risky security behavior, such as keeping written password lists or choosing easy-to-remember passwords. RSA Sign-On Manager software enables companies to implement best practices for compliance, such as:
- Reducing the causes of unsafe behaviors that develop when users are forced to manage a plethora of passwords
- Strongly protecting an ESSO deployment with two-factor authentication
- Delivering automated emergency access capabilities for users who forget their primary authentication method (e.g., passwords, RSA SecurID token or smart card)
RSA Sign-On Manager: Protecting the "Keys to the Kingdom"
As companies initiate ESSO deployments, it is essential that the initial logon is secure – essentially, protecting the "keys to the kingdom". ESSO in conjunction with two-factor authentication eases the password management burden, while protecting the initial logon.
"Enterprises have many applications that incorporate internal authentication checks and are not able to directly support two-factor authentication for stronger identity assurance. ESSO approaches provide an important middleware solution that enables migration to strong identity without modifying existing applications," said Phil Schacter, vice president at Burton Group. "Integration of ESSO with the Windows login and two-factor authentication will accelerate enterprise deployment of both technologies."
Increased Security, Increased Simplicity with RSA Sign-On Manager 4.5
New features and benefits associated with RSA Sign-On Manager software include:
- SSO to Strongly-Protected Applications: RSA Sign-On Manager 4.5 software extends security by adding the ability to SSO into applications protected by RSA SecurID technology (e.g., enterprise applications, network resources). Using the RSA SecurID SID800 USB-enabled authenticator in a "connected" mode (i.e., connecting the token via a USB port) or leveraging RSA SecurID software tokens, customers may have the one-time passcode automatically submitted to strongly-protected applications. The open RSA SecurID Application Programming Interface enables support for a wide range of applications.
- Extended Self-Service Capabilities: Developed by RSA Laboratories, IntelliAccessTM emergency access technology now provides self-service in the event of a lost or misplaced RSA SecurID token, enabling users to access Windows desktops, VPNs and wireless applications when disconnected from the network, without calling the helpdesk.
- Integrated Desktop Client: RSA Sign-On Manager solution delivers the first integrated desktop client which marries ESSO and emergency access, and integrates RSA SecurID for Windows technology, a feature of RSA SecurID software that offers strong authentication for Windows desktops and networks. This combination eases deployment and ensures a simple, secure and consistent end-user experience.
- Enhanced Authentication Flexibility: Organizations deploying RSA Sign-On Manager software may leverage their existing RSA SecurID technology infrastructure to roll out RSA SecurID for Windows technology, without additional costs or complexity. In addition, RSA Sign-On Manager solution is the only ESSO product to enable companies to enforce RSA SecurID authentication at each workstation. Patent-pending technology within the RSA SecurID for Windows solution ensures users may login whether online or offline.
- Simplified Deployment: RSA Sign-On Manager software eases server installation, supports Microsoft Active Directoryspan class="legalMark">
"The latest release of RSA Sign On-Manager software will help companies to better manage compliance by mitigating risk and increasing security without creating a password management nightmare," said Bill McQuaide, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Products Division at RSA Security. "In addition, our more than 18,000 worldwide RSA SecurID customers will now have a clear means to better leverage their current investments in strong authentication technology."