Bloq (bloq.com) is pleased to announce key additions to its team, as well as the formation of its Board of Advisors.
"Each team member and advisor brings incredible knowledge and experience, providing immediate impact to Bloq," says Matthew Roszak, co-founder of Bloq. "These new additions signal our commitment to building the future of blockchain with the brightest minds and best talent."
Andreas Schildbach has joined Bloq's team as a developer. Mr. Schildbach is a fixture in the blockchain community having developed the Android bitcoin wallet, and maintains the bitcoin repository. Paul Sztorc joins Bloq's team as an economist. He previously worked as a statistician at Yale University and as the chief scientist of Truthcoin.
Bloq's newly formed Board of Advisors includes professionals with deep experience in enterprise software, financial services and blockchain technology. They will help guide Bloq in shaping its strategy and defining the next generation of blockchain innovations. The advisory board is comprised of the following individuals:
- Gavin Andresen - Bitcoin Core Developer, MIT Digital Currency Initiative
- Andrew Filipowski - Chairman of Tally Capital, and former Founder, Chairman and CEO of Platinum Technology, which was eighth largest software company in the world
- William Mougayar - General Partner of Virtual Capital Ventures, author of The Business Blockchain
- James Newsome - Founding Partner of Delta Strategy Group, Chairman of the CFTC (2000-2004), and CEO of the New York Mercantile Exchange (2004-2008)
- Nick Szabo - Cryptographer, Digital Currency Researcher and Smart Contracts Pioneer
"Bloq's Board of Advisors is an unrivalled team, whose insights into the intersection of technology, finance and industry will be a valuable input to the success of our customers and partners," says Jeff Garzik, Co-Founder of Bloq.