Motorists can now top up their Nets FlashPay and Autopass Cards on their Android smartphones.
With the new top-up service provided on the NETS FlashPay Reader app, motorists will no longer need to worry about looking for a top-up terminal for their NETS FlashPay cards to pay for their ERP and parking charges.
Previously, foreign motorists could only top up their Autopass Cards at specific top-up locations in Singapore. With this new top-up feature on the app, foreign motorists can use credit cards issued by Singapore or Malaysian banks to top up their Autopass Cards on the go. This new payment option empowers motorists to achieve greater time-savings and have a more enjoyable experience visiting Singapore.
Motorists can download the app from Google Play which is currently available for Android users. The app will be extended to iOS users once wireless-enabled functionality is available to iOS users.
Mr Joseph Chua, Head of Business Services, NETS said, “About 55,000 foreign vehicles arrive in Singapore daily. This new feature on the FlashPay Reader app offers great convenience and enhances visitor experience for motorists driving into Singapore, be it for business or leisure. This will be very welcomed by motorists who plan to visit Singapore during the festive periods when vehicular traffic tends to spike.”
Ms Alison Tan, Group Director, Vehicle Services, Land Transport Authority added, “We are constantly exploring the use of technology to provide greater convenience to our customers. With the new top-up feature on the FlashPay Reader App, motorists will no longer have to search for top-up locations. LTA will continue to work with third-party service providers to offer more innovative, people-centred solutions that will enhance the service experience of our customers.”
How it works:
- Cardholder receives a one-time password (OTP) to his or her phone, authenticate the transaction, and place the Autopass Card to the phone to top up the Autopass Card
- For Singapore credit cards issued by DBS/POSB, OCBC and UOB, a flat fee of $0.25 will be charged for each top-up
- For credit cards from other banks, a fee of $0.50 applies
- The maximum top-up amount is $50 per transaction
- The platform is secure and does not store any credit card details to protect the users’ privacy
- Users of this app can use their credit cards to top up their NETS FlashPay cards too
- Users can also check the balance of stored value left in the cards, and view transaction history
- The app is available to Android smartphone users with NFC capability on their phones
About the Autopass Card:
- The Autopass Card is a customised stored-value card issued to foreign-registered vehicles
- It serves as an electronic vehicle entry permit and is non-transferable
- It can be used to pay for:
- Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fees
- Toll charges
- Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) fees on priced roads
- Car park fees in car parks that accept the card
Contributed | what does this mean?