Mozido, a global provider of trusted digital commerce and payments solutions, today announced it has launched a payment gateway platform that facilitates trade between the U.S. and China.
A new Mozido PayEase website guides U.S. merchants through the process of establishing an ecommerce capability to market and sell their products to the more than 1.3 billion people in China. The Mozido PayEase Payment Gateway service enables Chinese consumers to securely pay with their local bank accounts and credit cards with reliable settlement of the funds to the U.S. merchant’s bank account. As the first and most trusted cross-border payment gateway in China, Mozido PayEase breaks down barriers by allowing Chinese citizens to pay in their local currency while allowing the merchant to be paid in their home currency through a seamless transaction.
The Mozido PayEase solution enables cross-border B2C payment processing and transaction settlement with China Union Pay, Visa, MasterCard, and a network of more than 26 nationwide and 80 provincial Chinese banks, encompassing 99.9% of Chinese payment accounts across 12 different currencies. Merchants already using the Mozido PayEase Payment Gateway service include: Apple, Burberry, Nike, Korean Air, Travelzoo, Experian, HP, Bally, Dolce & Gabbana, H&M and Nescafe, among others.
“Major U.S. and global brands and retailers are more than ever eyeing the large market of Chinese consumers, and Chinese consumers increasingly have an appetite for Western products,” said Michael Liberty, founder of Mozido. “Mozido is invested in making cross-border commerce a reality. The Mozido PayEase Payment Gateway opens doors for U.S. retailers and expands purchase opportunities for Chinese consumers.”
“PayEase is the most established and trusted payment gateway in China, providing access to the local payment system and licenses to enable commerce,” said Fred Sum, CEO at Mozido PayEase. “The new Mozido PayEase Payment Gateway web portal is making it easier for U.S. merchants to take the steps necessary to sell into China.”
The strengths of the Mozido PayEase Payment Gateway service include:
- Comprehensive network of Chinese bank partners: As the first online payment platform in China, PayEase has the most direct connections with nationwide banks. In total, PayEase can process payments for over 23 banks across China, covering 99.9 percent of all payment accounts in the country.
- Flexible, customizable platform: The platform includes a multi-lingual (Mandarin or English) interface, a standard set of APIs, and shopping cart checkout compatibility for quick account creation.
- Recurring bill pay: Simplifying bill pay for merchants and consumers, the solution also includes a recurring bill pay option that enables merchants to break payments into installments and/or support subscription services.
- Membership and loyalty benefits for customers: Integrated within the solution are point rewards, cash rebates, discount coupons, and offline rewards.
- Unparalleled security features and offerings: Security features include 3D secure technology to combat card-not-present fraud, a secure payment gateway, a private encrypted data network, CyberSource risk management plug-ins, an advanced private government data center, 24/7 surveillance for monitoring access, VISA PCI compliance, and an online 24/7 customer service center.
- Custom website development: Creation of Chinese web site (.cn) with translation and presentation of items/inventory, as well as help coordinating logistics for the shipping of goods via China Post and EMS.
Contributed | what does this mean?