Gemplus International S.A. (Euronext: LU0121706294 – GEM and NASDAQ: GEMP), the world's leading provider of smart card solutions, announces today that in keeping with its strategy to further improve customer centricity, the company is moving to a regionally based organization.
All members of the existing Management Committee remain in place.
Effective 1 January 2006, the company will organize around 3 geographical regions:
- The Americas under Ernie Berger, Executive Vice President,
- Asia, under Martin McCourt, Executive Vice President,
- and EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) under Jacques Seneca, Executive Vice President.
In addition, Gemplus has introduced a new function of Chief Technology Officer, which will be taken on by Philippe Vallée, supervising Product and Marketing Management. All remaining members of the Gemplus Management Committee stay the same with:
- Philippe Combes as Executive Vice President, Operations
- Philippe Duranton as Executive Vice President, Human Resources
- Stephen Juge as Executive Vice President & General Counsel
- Frans Spaargaren as Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Alex Mandl, Chief Executive Officer, Gemplus comments "We have been working towards a more regional orientation of our management for some time, with the appointments of Martin McCourt in Asia and Ernie Berger in the US. This is the final leg in putting in place our organization and I firmly believe that this will stand us in good shape moving forward and will allow us to further improve how we serve our clients the world over."
There are no restructuring plans associated with this announcement and the daily contact that our clients have with Gemplus will not change.