Lexmark to acquire Kofax
26 March 2015 | 1640 views | 0
Source: Lexmark International
Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) and Kofax Limited (NASDAQ and LSE: KFX) today announced that the two companies have entered into a merger agreement in which Lexmark will acquire Kofax.
- Under the terms of the merger agreement, Lexmark will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Kofax for $11.00 per share in cash for a total enterprise value of approximately $1 billion, net of cash acquired.
- Lexmark will fund the acquisition with its non-U.S. cash on hand and its existing credit facility programs.
- Kofax's Board of Directors has unanimously recommended in favor of the merger agreement. Kofax shareholders, holding approximately 25 percent of the outstanding shares of Kofax, have signed a voting agreement committing to support the merger.
- Upon successful completion of the acquisition, Lexmark will nearly double the size of its enterprise software business to an approximately $700 million business competing in the expanding $10 billion content and process management software market. This market is expected to have a compounded annual growth rate of approximately 10 percent. In addition to the significant increase in scale, Kofax will help accelerate the growth and significantly increase the operating margins of Lexmark's software business.
- The addition of Kofax immediately enhances Lexmark's industry-leading enterprise content management and business process management offerings. In the capture technology field, the combination of Kofax's smart process applications with Perceptive Intelligent Capture will create the broadest and deepest portfolio of capture solutions in the market, ranging from Web portals and mobile devices to smart MFPs.
- The acquisition will result in an enhanced, more efficient balance sheet benefiting from the deployment of available overseas cash and existing balance sheet capacity.
- Founded in 1985 and headquartered in Irvine, California, Kofax reported 2014 revenue of $297 million. Kofax has over 20,000 customers worldwide, including 80 on the Fortune Globad in 1985 and headquartered in Irvine, California, Kofax reported 2014 revenue of $297 million. Kofax has over 20,000 customers worldwide, including 80 on the Fortune Global 100 list. The company operates in all regions of the world and has more than 850 channel partners globally.
- The acquisition of Kofax demonstrates the continued execution of Lexmark's capital allocation framework, which is to pursue acquisitions that strengthen and support the growth of Lexmark's solutions capabilities, while returning capital to shareholders. Since the first quarter of 2011, Lexmark has returned 78 percent of its free cash flow to shareholders in the form of dividends and share repurchases. The transaction will not impact Lexmark's quarterly dividend.
- The acquisition is expected to close in the second quarter of 2015 and is contingent on Kofax shareholder approval, applicable regulatory clearances and other customary closing conditions.
- Goldman, Sachs and Co. is serving as exclusive financial advisor to Lexmark. Lazard is serving as exclusive financial advisor to Kofax on this transaction.