TD Bank Group today announced a redesign of its popular TD app for Android and iPhone smartphones, creating a more intuitive, simplified experience for customers.
The new functionality allows users quicker access to popular features, as well as added capabilities, such as the ability to submit U.S. bill payments – a first for a Canadian banking app.
"This redesign represents a real collaboration of ideas between TD and our customers, incorporating new capabilities in ways our customers want to be able to use our app," said Rizwan Khalfan , SVP and Chief Digital Officer at TD. "The result is a more engaging experience that is quick and simple to use and allows customers to do more while on the go."
Building on the framework of Canada's most popular1 mobile banking app, the enhanced mobile features and capabilities include:
- Quick Links: Customers can quickly and easily manage their money with our most popular banking functions accessible now from the top of their home screen.
- Quick Access: Customers can choose to conveniently view their account balances without having to log in.
- Quick TD Credit Card payments: TD Credit Card Account bill payment features the option to pay via three pre-populated payment amounts, as well as the customer's ability to type in a specific payment amount.
- Moving and sending money: Sending an Interac e-Transfer using the TD app is now simpler and faster, with the ability to add recipients straight from your smartphone's contact list.
- U.S. and Canadian bill payments: For the first time in Canada via a banking app, TD customers can submit U.S. bill payments from their eligible TD Canada Trust Canadian or U.S. dollar personal chequing or savings accounts.2 Customers can also easily add and manage Canadian bills directly on their smartphone.
- Enhanced direct investing features: TD Direct Investing clients can make trades and view real-time quotes, analyze portfolio information with the new Heat Maps tool, and monitor investments and stocks with advanced, full-screen charting.
When using the TD app, customers are protected by the TD Online and Mobile Security Guarantee, provided security responsibilities are met. Learn more about our online and mobile security guarantee.
1 According to comScore reporting, as of December 2014, TD is ranked #1 in Canada for mobile subscribers accessing financial services via their mobile devices
2 Customer must register for the U.S. Bill Pay Service and set up payees in EasyWeb first. A fee of $2.50 (in the currency of the account) applies for each bill payment. Regular account transaction fees and foreign exchange costs may also apply. A U.S. dollar cheque will be mailed to the payee.