Bottomline Technologies (NASDAQ: EPAY), a leading provider of payments and invoice automation software and services, today announced expanded functionality and new capabilities for Legal eXchange.
Legal eXchange version 6.0 is a next-generation, Web-based legal spend management solution that enables corporate legal and claims departments to streamline invoice management processes, reduce costs and gain better insight into outside counsel performance.
Featuring "plug-and-play" dashboard designs, an intuitive interface and fully integrated reporting, Legal eXchange 6.0 is a flexible and easy-to-use online service that provides instant access to the critical financial information surrounding corporate legal work. By providing more visibility into legal spend, Legal eXchange 6.0 empowers corporate and external counsel to create and maintain stronger partnerships.
"Our work with leading corporate counsel and law firms has given us a unique perspective into diverse approaches to legal spend management," said Tom Gaillard, Vice President and General Manager, Bottomline Technologies. "In Legal eXchange 6.0, we've combined the collective feedback of thousands of users with ongoing technological innovation to deliver a solution users can tailor to accommodate their own approaches to managing outside legal counsel performance."
Entirely Web-based, Legal eXchange's seamless integration with leading matter management and time and billing systems enables users to create an automated workflow for invoice processing and approval, including discrepancy resolution. Powered by a sophisticated rules engine, Legal eXchange's electronic data capture capabilities allow users to gain immediate visibility into resource allocation, budgetary comparisons, spend by law firm and workload statistics.
With Legal eXchange 6.0, Bottomline's corporate clients gain value through:
- Expanded business rules that ensure firms adhere to established guidelines. Clients can employ multiple criteria, including combinations of text and code data, to create defined filters that improve efficiency by eliminating false warnings.
- "One-click" access to commonly used invoice, budget and reporting screens.
- Integrated reporting and analysis capabilities that provide drill-down access to the detail underlying the data, plus the ability to export the data to a variety of paper or electronic formats.
- Customizable screen layouts that deliver important information to users, increasing their efficiency and productivity.
- New security, budgeting and application management capabilities to control legal spend.
"Bottomline's corporate counsel customers are focused on the importance of managing costs without sacrificing quality," Gaillard added. "Offering an easy path to best-practice legal spend management, Legal eXchange 6.0 demonstrates Bottomline's ongoing commitment to assisting customers in achieving their strategic goals."