BMO Financial Group has introduced the BMO Banking & InvestorLine iPad app - the first integrated app from a major Canadian bank that offers customers access to personal banking and self-directed investing services along with a personal finance management tool.
"With one streamlined login, customers can easily manage their personal banking and self-directed investing with the added benefit of a personal financial management tool," said Cesar Rainusso, Vice-President, Digital Channels, BMO Financial Group.
Mr. Rainusso noted the benefits of providing comprehensive tablet apps given the number of people who now own tablets. In fact, according to a recent BMO study, nearly half of Canadians (43 per cent) own a tablet device. Furthermore:
- Three quarters (73 per cent) would be interested in an app that allows them to conduct banking and investing in one place, and half (52 per cent) of those who currently manage their own investments would be interested in changing financial institutions to get an app that allows them to do so.
- Seven in ten (68 per cent) say this functionality would give them the flexibility to bank and invest anywhere at any time.
- Another 65 per cent believe it would save them time, and 63 per cent say it would allow them to do all their transactions in one place.
"These individuals are increasingly seeking one app to allow them to manage all their financial needs - both banking and investments - giving them better control over their total financial picture and the ability to manage their money quickly and easily."
The integrated BMO app offers all of the services and features currently included in both the BMO Everyday Banking mobile app and the BMO InvestorLine Self-Directed mobile app, plus a variety of innovative tools and features, including:
- 'Manage My Finances' - a personal financial management tool that provides BMO Everyday Banking customers with the ability to create budgets, set savings goals, track spending and analyze cash flows and transactions.
- 'Book an Appointment' - an easy-to-use feature that simplifies the process of booking a real-time branch appointment.
- The ability to set travel nt.
- The ability to set travel notifications for BMO MasterCard credit cards.
- The ability to view cheque images and set up multiple bill payments.
- Access to video news for the latest quotes and market updates for BMO InvestorLine customers and the ability to trade equities, ETFs, options, mutual funds, and GICs.
- An interactive ticker for BMO InvestorLine customers to view continuous market action from the bottom of their screen.
- A personalized heatmap to track performance of customers' holdings and watchlists.
- Up to 10 different banking cards can log into the app, making it accessible for families with multiple accounts.
BMO Banking & InvestorLine is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.AppStore.com.
To learn more on how the BMO Banking & InvestorLine app can help you easily manage both your banking and self-directed investing needs, please click here.
The survey results cited in the Tablet Study conducted by Pollara are compiled from a random sample of 1201 Canadians 18 years of age and over between December 5th and 9th, 2014. A probability sample of this size would yield results accurate to ± 2.8 per cent, 19 times out of 20. Results have been weighted using the latest census data to be representative of Canadians as a whole.