Introducing a 30-second setup experience for first-time recipients.
New experience behaves like direct deposit: offers payers a paperless, safe, and "hands free" way to route payments directly to a recipient's bank account. Whether you're using MassPay or sending individual payments, as of today, the process for new members to accept Dwolla payments is even simpler.
First-time recipients are no longer required to register for a full Dwolla account. Instead, they'll be prompted to set up a Direct account, which takes just three steps or 30 seconds (if you're fast). All one needs to do to accept their first Dwolla payment is check their email, set a password, and enter bank account details.
Once a first payment is successfully claimed, all future payments made to this email address will be routed directly to the bank account in as little as one to two business days without requiring the recipient to take any further action.
What's best? Dwolla Direct users can get access to additional features—like the ability to send or request money—at any time by converting to a free full Dwolla account.
For the sender
In addition to the myriad benefits of replacing paper check operations with a digital payments system (like reduced costs, lower risk of check fraud, fewer "lost" payments, etc.), here are a few ways that this new experience reinforces how Dwolla helps you:
- Send payments to emails: No need to collect, and then protect, sensitive bank account information to send a payment. Instead, simply send money to an email address and we'll do the rest.
- Set it and forget it: Once your recipient's email is connected to a bank account, future payments to the email address will notify the recipient and automatically route the funds to their bank or credit union account. No action is needed by the recipient.
- Still just 25¢ or free, with no setup costs: Dwolla only charges 25 cents a transaction, if over $10. Payments $10 or less, are completely free.
- Replace your checkbook with a simple spreadsheet:Dwolla MassPay has continuously proven to be one of our most powerful and popular payments tools—allowing businesses to send up to 5,000 payments directly from their bank account or Dwolla balance by uploading a simple spreadsheet or adding a few lines of code. Coupled with our flat fee of just 25 cents per transaction over $10, MassPay is one of the most affordable tools on the market for processing disbursements.
- Want a custom solution?: Freely available APIs to build custom integrations or new products and services. Can't find what you're looking for? Let us build an individualized program that fits your needs and your budget.
Want to learn more about our Direct experience, our other tools, and how to increase conversion on your Dwolla payments? Join us January 8, 2015 from 1-2pm CT, for our next webinar covering Dwolla Direct accounts.
For the receiver
- Simple one-time setup: Create a Direct account and connect a bank account to accept your first Dwolla payment in just 30 seconds.
- Like a forwarding service for payments: Future payments to your email address will notify you and automatically be transferred to your bank account. No login or further action required.
- Faster than a check: Payments are routed directly from the sender to your bank account in as little as 1 to 2 business days.
- Protect your financial fingerprint: By simply eliminating the future exposure and circulation of your banking account and routing numbers, we can significantly reduce the risk of fraud. To learn more about our security and privacy policies, please visit https://www.dwolla.com/security and https://www.dwolla.com/privacy.
As always, we look forward to hearing your feedback about newly released features and products. Feel free to leave thoughts and suggestions in the comments section, or in our Dwolla Discussion Forum.
For our developer friends...
In the following weeks, the Dwolla OAuth experience will being upgraded to match this new, simplified registration flow for receiving funds. Once complete, a newly minted Direct user will be able to connect to applications on the Dwolla platform–all without transferring sensitive financial information to the application.