MoPowered, a leading mobile commerce specialist, and Realex Payments, an established e-retail payment service provider, today announced a partnership that will enable online merchants to create new sales opportunities with the rapidly growing mobile channel.
Jon Sheard, Head of UK Corporate Business Development at Realex Payments said of the partnership: "MoPowered's mobile solutions offer merchants a comprehensive range of m-commerce services that perfectly complement our payment solutions. We are extremely pleased to be working with their team to drive the mobile agenda covering all key aspects from marketing, operations and the payments cycle - all the necessary elements of a successful e-tail strategy in 2014."
The Realex Payments partnership with MoPowered will ensure that mutual customers have the benefit of working with industry leading mobile software alongside PCI-DSS level 1 compliant payment solutions allowing retailers to provide a seamless payments experience for their clients.
Richard Jolly, Channel Director at MoPowered added, "MoPowered is delighted to announce its partnership with Realex Payments, one of the UK's major payment providers. Realex Payments' merchants can now benefit from a complete suite of innovative mobile payment solutions. Our partnership with Realex will support merchants' omni-channel strategies and optimise the commercial opportunities created by the huge increases in smartphone and tablet adoption witnessed in 2013. MoPowered works with both multi-channel enterprise brands - such as Next, DFS, BBC and Waterstones - as well as many SME retailers. In each case, MoPowered understands that secure, multi-channel payment solutions across multiple mobile devices are vital contributors to a business expansion strategy."
The payments industry is seeing exponential growth in m-commerce which cannot be ignored. With m-commerce in retail showing 133% YoY growth in August according to the IMRG and overtaking standard ecommerce for the first time[i], online retailers must cater for all devices including mobile and tablets.
"Realex Payments and MoPowered are looking forward to 2014. We keep hearing that this truly is the year for m-commerce, buut are retailers are fully prepared? With mobile transactions overtaking ecommerce, now is the time to adopt a holistic m-commerce strategy." Jon Sheard concludes.
The Realex Payments service
Realex Payments already provides payment solutions to thousands of retail businesses across the UK alone, supporting small businesses as well as large corporates. Well known retail clients include notonthehighstreet.com and Chain Reaction Cycles. Realex Payments has seen a 55% increase in transaction volumes in the online retail sector between Q3 2012 and Q3 2013, due to the success and increased adoption of its sector specific payment solutions, supporting the needs of online retailers.
Working closely with the m-commerce retailers throughout the initial engagement period, Realex Payments provides consultative services to establish the correct suite of reliable solutions that are required to fit the individual business needs, including:
• Payment processing in all major credit and debit cards and major alternative payments on the merchant's site or through a fully customisable and device responsive Hosted Payment Page.
• Multi-settle solutions for bulk purchase and distributed settlement allowing customers to purchase multiple goods from various locations, settling payments on an individual basis when shipped.
• PCI compliant tokenisation (save card, pay with saved card) with added 3DSecure authentication, enabling online retailers to facilitate secure and reliable recurring payments for their customers.
• Dynamic Currency Conversion offering foreign currency exchange rates to customers at point of sale.
• Comprehensive fraud tools including 3D Secure, AVS checks and Realex Payments' fraud scoring and pattern analysis tool with detailed transaction logs, reporting and consulting.