ConvergEx Group, a leading technology company, today announced that RealTick®, its award-winning provider of global, cross-asset class, multi-broker trading, data and risk solutions, has expanded its service offerings in Canada to provide cross-asset class coverage via an extensive, global broker network with broad access to exchanges and other liquidity venues.
RealTick experienced rapid growth in 2012, nearly doubling the number of broker-dealers accessible through its network, while working closely with customers to continuously improve the software platform. Pressures from the economy and new regulatory requirements have driven the buy-side to demand more consolidated, centralized trade management workflows, which RealTick provides through a single, comprehensive platform, whether trading individual stocks, complex spreads, or routing orders to a sophisticated algorithmic trading engine.
"RealTick is active in our efforts to develop opportunities for strategic growth in the Canadian market," said Ken Byrne, managing director, global head of Sales and business development for ConvergEx's RealTick. "We are always seeking ways to enhance our relationships with our Canadian customers and partners, scale our infrastructure to exceed the demands of the marketplace, and to discover new opportunities to help our customers grow their businesses."
RealTick is a consolidated electronic trading platform that provides the following advanced features of particular benefit to Canadian clients:
• Direct Market Access to the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX), Montréal Exchange, and Chi-X
• Smart Order Routing access via TSX and Chi-X
• Active routing preference settings via Smart Order Router for TSX, Chi-X, and broker routes.
• Support for Canadian dark orders
• Crossing-orders capability through TSX and Chi-X
• Canada-specific order forms
• Toronto-based routing engine
• TSX/TSX Venture equities market data
• Alpha, Chi-X, Omega, TSX Select, and CNSX Pure market data feeds for ATS/ATS Venture equities
• TMX futures, futures options, and equity options market data feeds