Portware, the leading provider of global, multi-asset trading solutions, today announced the strongest Q1 in the company's history. Portware recorded significant new client wins across Europe, North America and Asia fueled by demand for its proven core solutions, including a 24% quarterly increase in Portware FX volumes.
The company continues to augment its global sales and support staff as tier-one buy-side institutions, hedge funds and broker-dealers turn to Portware to automate their most complex trade workflows.
The past 18 months have seen an unprecedented expansion of Portware's FX business. Growth has been particularly strong among global asset managers, who are abandoning custody management models and deploying Portware FX to address their increasingly complex trading, analytics and workflow integration requirements. Portware FX's comprehensive trading platform aggregates all dealer and ECN liquidity and provides customizable algorithmic trading strategies to bring new efficiencies to FX trading. It includes integrated algorithms from leading FX dealers, support for all order types, and complete lifecycle STP. Portware FX also includes Portware's FX Liquidity Monitor (FXLM), the firm's FX TCA and post-trade analytics package that gives traders advanced reporting and visibility into their trading performance.
Other key Portware Q1 2012 milestones include:
• Top-tier global client deployments in North America, Europe and Asia
• Launch of Portware PRO, a cloud-based global trading solution that brings the power of Portware Enterprise to any global desktop. Portware PRO allows traders to access the widest selection of broker algorithmic strategies and direct trading destinations, including all exchanges, ECNs, MTFs and crossing networks
• Partnership with Cuttone & Co. Portware is the first trading systems provider to offer fully electronic access to the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) parity allocation model and dQuote order type
• Appointment of Angela Stulley as Director of Partner Sales and Marketing to foster broker relationships and ensure Portware's commitment to anticipate and address the evolving needs of the broker community. A 15-year industry veteran, Stulley was a founding employee and Global Head of Sales at Arca before serving as Senior Vice President of Sales and Relationship Management at NYSE, CEO of Arca Europe and Head of Sales and Marketing at Wolverine Execution Services
• Notable client wins in Asia, leading to the opening of an expanded Portware office in Hong Kong
"Portware's growth has accelerated over the past three years even as the industry has contracted, which is a testament to our long-term client relationships, technology innovation and passion for advanced engineering. We're excited to continue working in partnership with our new and existing customers as we build the workflow of the future" said Alfred Eskandar, CEO of Portware.